X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to play Lumosity Top That

I am a moderator in this community

A tutorial video of how to play Top That. This game is one of Lumosity's math games.

From the video above:

"Hi everybody. Today, I am going to show you how to play Top That.

In this game, you are given an amount at the top, and you are given 3 amounts below it. You need to select one of the amounts below that is larger than the amount at the top. In this case, all these amounts are larger, so I randomly choose this amount, and of course, it's correct.

Here, in this example, once again all these amounts are larger than the amount at the top, so I randomly choose this amount. That's correct.

The two previous examples were very easy. Once you get to a higher level, it becomes more challenging. Now, instead of being given a single amount that you can immediately see is larger or smaller than the amount at the top, you are given multiples of a smaller amount.

So here, is four times this amount larger than this amount? Is two times this amount larger than this amount? Is ten times this amount larger than this amount? If you fail to answer this question quickly enough, these amounts will change, as you can see here. So, the amounts are different to the previous screen.

So, at this level, you're going to have to do a very quick calculation in your head to find out whether these multiples of these amounts are larger than the amount at the top, or if you can't calculate precisely, then you have to make an estimate. Here, I choose three times this amount is larger than this amount, and I got it right."
    I am a moderator in this community

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    Working...
    X