X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to play Lumosity Halve Your Cake

I am a moderator in this community

A tutorial video of how to play Halve Your Cake, a Lumosity math game.

From the above video:

"Hi everybody. Today I am going to show you how to play Halve Your Cake. In this game, you are given a quantity up here, and you have to measure that quantity down here. Here, we can see that there are 3 squares, one of which is highlighted, so the fraction is 1 out of 3. Down here, we can see an egg carton with 3 holes, so we want to measure 1 out of 3 holes, so we select 1 hole. And the answer is correct.

In this example, 25% of 32 is 8, so the fraction here is 8 out of 32, which can be simplified to 1 over 4. We can see that there is 1, 2, 3, 4 levels, so we want to measure 1 out of 4 levels. So, we select the first one, 1. And we got it right. Here we can see 4 squares, and 2 is highlighted. So, the fraction is 2 out of 4. We can count 1, 2, 3, 4 on this timer, therefore we want to choose or select 2 out of 4. So, 1, 2. So we would select this area here. This part here. And we are correct."

I am a moderator in this community

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    Working...
    X