Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to play Lumosity Magic Chance

I am a moderator in this community

A tutorial video of how to play Magic Chance, a Lumosity math game.

From the above video:

"Train your probability skills by setting up card tricks.

In this game, you will use probability to set up card tricks for a stage magic show. Your goal is to select cards based on the probabilities each trick needs.

chance of moon = chance of heart. To get the chances right for this trick, you’ll need the same number of moons on the table as hearts. Drag 2 moons onto the table.

chance of crown = 3 x chance of heart. For your next trick, you’ll need three crowns on the table for every heart. Drag 3 crowns onto the table.

chance of moon = 2 x chance of crown. Try setting up this one on your own.

Great work! Answer quickly and accurately to advance."
    I am a moderator in this community

Comment

Your instructions for this game are terrible. I am not a gambler and don’t really understand “odds”. No matter what the problem, the instructions are the same. Please explain how some problems are 12/50 or 8/36. Then the solution is given, it Makes no sense. I’ve been playing Lumosity for years and this game is making me crazy.

Comment

• AnnaBanana
        AnnaBanana commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. This game is very confusing.

I don't even understand the objective.

Comment

I’m at level 400. The game doesn’t get any more difficult and the only way to get a higher score is to solve it faster. What is the highest level?

Comment

• HappyKlown
          HappyKlown commented
          Editing a comment
          I have no idea. As far as I am aware, no one in this community has gotten to level 400 yet.

• LumosLaura
          LumosLaura commented
          Editing a comment
          Max level is actually 400! So, kudos for hitting it Your scores can keep increasing even at the max level, it just depends on how quick and accurate you are.

- Lumosity Community Manager

It’s really easier then what you think!
        it’s just a proportion i

Comment

• Evan
          Evan commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think that this game is about proportions...Halve Your Cake is about proportions (fractions)...Magic Chance is probability, which is complex mathematics. Not a lot of people with a formal education would be able to do well in MC, in my opinion.

This tutorial has no verbal instructions or hints. Just heavy breathing. Doesn't help. What people want to know is how to figure out the game instructions, which make no sense.

Comment

It makes sense but is a bit difficult when you get to things like probability of a or b is 3/5 the probability of C. But it’s fun.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          widgetinstance 511 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X