Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to play Lumosity Pirate Passage

I am a moderator in this community

Is there a technique to solving this game?

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      Is there a technique to solving this game?
      I have come up with my own technique, which is probably identical to everybody else's. Just like the Rubik's cube, I think there is only 1 way to solve this game.

Comment

I go around the edge if the number of moves can't be reduced by cutting through the path of the enemy ships.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulBenne View Post
          I go around the edge if the number of moves can't be reduced by cutting through the path of the enemy ships.
          Same.

Comment

only played pirate passage when it was in the beginning phase. there were only ten levels then. the game hasn't popped back up since for my free games.

Comment

• pinkcat
              pinkcat commented
              Editing a comment
              Did you get to level 10?

• kiwi1001
              kiwi1001 commented
              Editing a comment
              yes I ended up playing it the whole day and made it to level ten, and never saw the game after that lol.

• pinkcat
              pinkcat commented
              Editing a comment
              Glad you made it to level 10, otherwise I would have to ask you to hand in your MyLumoLife badge.

• kiwi1001
              kiwi1001 commented
              Editing a comment
              lol I wish I could play it again and see how far I could get, I was only playing the early access levels. I wonder how much harder they made it

I reckon an algorithm generates the random sets of problems. So this means that a formula is used to create the problems, and therefore a formula can be used to solve the problems. This game is the most computationally intensive of all the Lumosity games. It really is a piece of art, and I appreciate all the thought that went into it.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyKlown View Post
              I reckon an algorithm generates the random sets of problems. So this means that a formula is used to create the problems, and therefore a formula can be used to solve the problems. This game is the most computationally intensive of all the Lumosity games. It really is a piece of art, and I appreciate all the thought that went into it.
              It certainly is a well thought out game with good production values, including music and artwork.

Comment

A tutorial video of how to play Pirate Passage, a Lumosity problem solving game.

From the above video:

"Hi everybody. Today, I am going to show you how to play Pirate Passage.

The objective of this game is for you to set a path from your ship to the treasure, without colliding with the enemy ships. Each square represents one move, and every time you make a move, the enemy ships make one move as well, and each ship has its own path to travel.

So here, I’ve set this as my path to the treasure, so my ship will be making 1, 2, 3 moves. In the meantime, this ship would me making 1, 2, 3 moves, so it will end up here. This ship will be making 1, 2, 3, moves, it will also end up here. And as soon as I set the path, I press ‘Go’. So, this is the result, after 3 moves, my ship is at the treasure and the two enemy ships are here. So, my ship never collides with any of the other ships, and therefore I win this round.

Here’s another example. I have set this as my path to the treasure, so my ship will be making 1, 2, 3, 4 moves. In the meantime, this ship will be making 1, 2, 3, 4 moves. So, once I’ve set the path, I press ‘Go’. Here is the result. My ship ends up at the treasure. And this ship ends up here. And my ship never collides with the other ship, and therefore I win."

I am a moderator in this community

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x