No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netflix/streaming thread

What's everybody watching at the moment? I am up to episode 6 of Warrior Nun. First episode was bad and I gave up, but people said it gets better, so I decided to give it another go. They're right!

Working my way through this one. Another Life. It's ok so far

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
      What's everybody watching at the moment? I am up to episode 6 of Warrior Nun. First episode was bad and I gave up, but people said it gets better, so I decided to give it another go. They're right!
      I forgot to mention that this thread is for Netflix/Disney+/whatever series only. There's already a separate movie thread.

Comment

I finished watching The I-land yesterday. I thought it was OK enough to want a second season. But it's score of 8% on Rotten Tomatoes means that season 2 is unlikely.

Comment

Locke & Key...quite an interesting storyline...

Comment

• AnnaBanana
            AnnaBanana commented
            Editing a comment
            I enjoyed this one.

• testuser
            testuser commented
            Editing a comment
            I also enjoyed it.

i usually check the website whats-on-netflix.com, and it will put up a what's leaving each month and update it through out, of what's leaving in the next month. in june i watched the andy griffith show, cheers, and the fosters.

right now i'm watching the west wing, charmed, and skins.

Comment

• Evan
            Evan commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the info. I am new to Netflix and did not know that shows leave it. I thought the shows were on Netflix permanently!

• kiwi1001
            kiwi1001 commented
            Editing a comment
            you're welcome evan, any show that is not a netflix original goes up for bid, if netflix wants to keep certain shows, they have to put up money, same with other streaming platforms. since more and more streaming platforms are coming out, netflix loses more and more content that isn't their originals. they also lose their original content from time to time as well.

Up to ep 2 of Lost in Space.

Comment

The mist. VERY slow first episode.

Comment

• Evan
              Evan commented
              Editing a comment
              I gave up half way through ep 1. Quite disgusting subject matters and very little of the mist itself! What a shocker.

The shannara chronicles

Comment

• Evan
              Evan commented
              Editing a comment
              I enjoyed the first season, not so much the second

Up to episode 3 of Curon. I am really liking it so far. It's a bit weird though - it's a European production with European actors speaking another language, European locations, but the voices are dubbed with American accents, and the rock music is American.

I am a moderator in this community

Comment

• CarlosTheJackal
              CarlosTheJackal commented
              Editing a comment
              I've seen this show. I am European and these people are speaking Italian in the trailer. The cinematography, acting and dialogue are distinctly European.

Very racy show (nudity etc), but it really transports one back to ancient Rome and the spectacle of gladiators. I am completely absorbed with this show!

Comment

• bumpstock
              bumpstock commented
              Editing a comment
              This show started in 2010. First season was great, but the lead actor died of cancer and was replaced by someone else in the following seasons. The replacement was not nearly as good.

• azeroth
              azeroth commented
              Editing a comment
              GREAT show!

just finished watching person of interest, it is leaving september 22, also watching haven, and will probably watch parks and recreation again, it is going to be leaving october 1st.

Comment

• LumosLaura
              LumosLaura commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm so disappointed that Parks and Rec is leaving in October!
              I've recently been watching Schitt's Creek, but just finished up a fascinating docuseries called "Dark Tourist."

• kiwi1001
              kiwi1001 commented
              Editing a comment
              i've heard great things about schitt's creek, it's on my list, i will take a look at dark tourist, i haven't watched a lot of documentaries on there.

Originally posted by kiwi1001 View Post
            ...and will probably watch parks and recreation again, it is going to be leaving october 1st.
            I will have to give parks and rec a go before it leaves. I've only heard good things about it. I am up to episode 4 of Cursed, a twist on the legend of King Arthur.

Comment

• pinkcat
              pinkcat commented
              Editing a comment
              I am also currently watching Cursed. Enjoying it so far.

if you like amy poehler, you will like parks and rec. i will give cursed a look, i like king arthur stories, the last show i watched about that was merlin, and i think it is still on netflix.

Comment

Just saw Mandalorian 2 trailer, it looks even better than season 1. October 30 - mark that on your calendar!

Comment

• Evan
                Evan commented
                Editing a comment
                I am looking forward to this!

• LumosityFreak
                LumosityFreak commented
                Editing a comment
                Yyeeessssss!

Just finished Nightflyers...it start well, but midway through became very low energy and I had to force myself to watch the final 2 episodes. It did not get a 2nd season. 6/10.

Comment

Oops, trailer!

Comment

Up to ep 2. Ep 1 was somewhat teasing, with questions unanswered. No idea how the rest of the series will go.

Comment

• baby_yoda
                    baby_yoda commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Gave up on this after ep 3. :/

Originally posted by baby_yoda View Post
                  Just saw Mandalorian 2 trailer, it looks even better than season 1. October 30 - mark that on your calendar!
                  REMINDER!

Comment

• Evan
                    Evan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks! I totally forgot.

The Queen's Gambit. I am up to episode 5. It's set in 1967 and is about a chess prodigy who happens to be a girl in chess world dominated by males. I am really enjoying it so far.

Comment

• Evan
                    Evan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My fave series for 2020. I play chess, so I understand the technical aspects and the history in the show.

• raisedbyrats
                    raisedbyrats commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This show is MARVELOUS! The 60' era-clothing and hair is terrific and Anya Taylor-Joy is devine.

• PaulBenne
                    PaulBenne commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Anya is insanely attractive in 60's fashion and haircut.
                Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x