Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Movie Watched?

Doesn't matter if you watched it in the theatre, on iTunes, Netflix or whatever. What did you watch last, and what score do you give it out of 10? Share a link to the trailer on YouTube so we can have a looksey.

I saw Frozen 2 on iTunes last night. I thought the songs and storyline was quite poor compared to the first one. But the amazing animation saved it somewhat. 7/10.

I like this topic!

Crawl, It was ok. Instantly forgettable once you've seen it though. 6.5/10

Comment

Contagion, because of the coronavirus. Quite a riveting movie. 8/10

Comment

After Parasite won two Oscars, I checked it out to see what the fuss was all about. It is phenomenal. Beautifully filmed, wonderful cast, serious and funny with a bit of horror/mystery. 9/10. The trailer doesn't do it much justice. I highly recommend it.

Comment

• raisedbyrats
          raisedbyrats commented
          Editing a comment
          I loved this one! I don't think Hollywood would have been brave enough to make something like this...

• Evan
          Evan commented
          Editing a comment
          Next on my list.

• Anna Baptist
          Anna Baptist commented
          Editing a comment
          I really liked this movie, too. Not what I expected from the preview, either. Lots of small details that made me think.

• Jon.I
          Jon.I commented
          Editing a comment
          Heard good things about that one, might give it a watch

This is such a fun thread idea!

Definitely felt the same about Frozen 2. I really enjoyed the first one, especially since it felt like a fantasy re-telling of my older sister and I's childhood. I even have a scar on my left hand from when we were kids after getting hurt playing together!

Parasite was absolutely phenomenal! My boyfriend and I went to go see it in theaters without knowing much about it before the Oscars. A must-see for sure!

I watched "The Nun" last night since we were in the mood for a 'scary' movie. I'm usually an easy scare, but this movie was just kinda meh. Which is disappointing considering the first couple of "Conjuring" movies are pretty good!

Lumosity Community Manager

Comment

• AnnaBanana
          AnnaBanana commented
          Editing a comment
          I also thought that Frozen 2 was lacking I've yet to see Parasite, but it's on my To Watch list. I didn't find The Nun to be very scary at all...it just looked like a low-budget B-grade horror movie.

I am a big fan of romantic comedies! Crazy Rich Asians was so good! Henry Golding is HOT HOT HOT! The wedding scene...just gorgeous. 9/10.

Comment

• LumosLaura
          LumosLaura commented
          Editing a comment
          On my watchlist! Glad to hear it's good!

• raisedbyrats
          raisedbyrats commented
          Editing a comment
          I liked this movie so much that I bought the blu-ray.

• pinkcat
          pinkcat commented
          Editing a comment
          I've added this to my list.

Great movie that won some Oscars. 9/10.

Comment

• pinkcat
          pinkcat commented
          Editing a comment
          And we get to see Mr Pitt shirtless! He's looking fine for 50!

The last movie I watched was 'Training Day' with Denzel Washington and Ethan Hawke. This is the best good cop vs bad cop movie for me. 10/10.

Comment

• testuser
          testuser commented
          Editing a comment
          Denzel was such a badass in this one.

I wanted escapist fantasy. This delivered. Very dark themes, but highly atmospheric and the action and music was perfect.

Comment

• PaulBenne
          PaulBenne commented
          Editing a comment
          Who doesn't love Baby Doll?

I saw 'Abominable' recently with my little niece and nephew. I liked this much more than Frozen 2 - the plot was much simpler, and there was no singing, but it had a lot more heart and adventure. The animation was top-notch. This is a film both children and adults can enjoy.

I am a moderator in this community

Comment

• HappyKlown
          HappyKlown commented
          Editing a comment
          I saw this with the grandchildren. It was magical!

Knives Out. It was good to see something that was not a comic book movie! Great cast will keep you guessing.8.5/10

Comment

• LumosLaura
          LumosLaura commented
          Editing a comment
          Great movie! I saw it on Thanksgiving and it was a fantastic way to spend the holiday

Originally posted by testuser View Post
        I saw 'Abominable' recently with my little niece and nephew. I liked this much more than Frozen 2 - the plot was much simpler, and there was no singing, but it had a lot more heart and adventure. The animation was top-notch. This is a film both children and adults can enjoy.
        I saw this with the family. We all loved it. Here is one of my fave scenes.

Comment

• pinkcat
          pinkcat commented
          Editing a comment
          Delightful scene!

Brightburn. I was totally unprepared for the graphic violence. 6/10.

Comment

• pinkcat
          pinkcat commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the warning...I think I'll avoid this one.

• Evan
          Evan commented
          Editing a comment
          I can't believe they included the glass in the eye scene in the trailer!

Nice thread!

I saw Shazam with the grandchildren. They loved it, but I thought it was a bit childish, which is most probably the target demographic. 7/10

Last edited by HappyKlown; 03-09-2020, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Stuber. Supposed to be a comedy, but I did not find it funny. Silly, contrived plot whereby a cop has to use Uber to get around to fight criminals.Dialogue was woeful and no chemistry between the leads. I actually wanted to stop watching a few times, but clung on to see if things improved. They didn't - complete waste of 2 hours. 4.5/10.

Comment

Originally posted by raisedbyrats View Post
            Stuber. Supposed to be a comedy, but I did not find it funny. Silly, contrived plot whereby a cop has to use Uber to get around to fight criminals.Dialogue was woeful and no chemistry between the leads. I actually wanted to stop watching a few times, but clung on to see if things improved. They didn't - complete waste of 2 hours. 4.5/10.
            I give it 6/10. Fight scene in the sporting goods store was the only time it was passably funny. If you want to see a funny cop buddy movie, Rush Hour is great. Here is a funny scene: Yu and Mi

Comment

• pinkcat
              pinkcat commented
              Editing a comment
              Hahaha! This is gold!

• raisedbyrats
              raisedbyrats commented
              Editing a comment
              I've seen the Rush Hour movies. Stuber doesn't even try to be funny like this. What ever happened to Chris Tucker? He came out of nowhere and made a ton of money from these movies, then he disappeared.

• Evan
              Evan commented
              Editing a comment
              I really don't know, rbr. Maybe he was too typecast to get any serious roles.

Us. This whole movie felt like it was written and produced by high school students with a budget of $20,000. 6/10

Last edited by Roland; 03-15-2020, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• LumosityFreak
              LumosityFreak commented
              Editing a comment
              The first half was bad. It got more intriguing in the second and things improved a bit. IMO.

Another one with the grandkids! Very enjoyable.

Comment

• AnnaBanana
              AnnaBanana commented
              Editing a comment
              I enjoyed this one. Isabela Moner was the perfect person to play Dora.

Breathtaking visual effects and action. I actually watched this 13 times in the theaters (I'd never seen a movie more than once in a theater before this)...then bought the Blu-Ray and watched it countless times after. My only regret was that I didn't watch this in 3D in the theaters...by the time I heard of this movie, there were no more 3D sessions. I am really hoping for a sequel. 11/10.

Comment

• azeroth
              azeroth commented
              Editing a comment
              13 times in the theater + 11/10. This will be the next movie I see

• DirkFrances
              DirkFrances commented
              Editing a comment
              I saw this in the theater in 3D and it was amazing. It was natively shot in 3D because James Cameron believed that it should be viewed in 3D. There is a book called 'Alita Battle Angel - The Art and Making of the movie' which is really good.

• LumosityFreak
              LumosityFreak commented
              Editing a comment
              DirkFrances I have that book, the soundtrack CD, limited edition Alita branded green tea and other Alita related things.

• Evan
              Evan commented
              Editing a comment
              13 times...I saw it once on iTunes. The FX was great, as was the action, but I felt that the romance was kinda clunky and unnecessary. I still enjoyed it though. I watched it on my 1080p monitor, but this would look spectacular on 4K. 7.5/10.

I thought The Conjuring was interesting, but not scary and Conjuring 2 was plain boring. I wasn't expecting Annabelle Comes Home to be scary, but it scared the hell out of me! The spooky atmosphere was maintained for much of the film and most of the scares come from mirrors, dark lighting and thumping sounds. No fancy special effects here! It's refreshing to watch a horror movie and actually get the chills. 8/10.

Comment

• LumosLaura
              LumosLaura commented
              Editing a comment
              I haven't seen any of the Annabelle movies! I really enjoyed the Conjuring films, though. I'll have to give this a view this weekend probably

• AnnaBanana
              AnnaBanana commented
              Editing a comment
              LumosLaura I hadn't seen any of the Annabelle movies before this one, and only saw this one because it was on special on iTunes for $0.99. I recommend watching this in a dark room or at night.

• Evan
              Evan commented
              Editing a comment
              When I was small, I was terrified of Chucky the killer doll, after I watched the movie at a friend's house. I was scared to get out of bed at night, even to go to the bathroom. I'd imagine Chucky was hiding behind the door with his knife, waiting for me.
          Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x