No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night gaming and insomnia

I don't know about anyone else, but if I play games (Lumosity, Clash Royale etc) after 8 pm, I wake up at least 5 multiple times during sleep. So now I stop playing games after 8 pm (I go to sleep at 10 pm). Anyone also experience this?

I generally avoid mentally and physically strenuous activities before sleeping, so no gaming or sports in the evening.

Comment

• AnnaBanana
      AnnaBanana commented
      Editing a comment
      Same. Just quiet reading before bed.

Years ago I would play World of Warcraft, Crysis and Candy Crush before bed, and my sleep was poor. No more gaming before bed!

Comment

Not gaming related, but if I use the computer before bed, it would take me at least an hour to fall asleep (usually 2 or more hours). I've read that the light from computer and phone screens can delay the onset of sleep. So if I absolutely must use the computer and phone, I do it at the lowest brightness, with a screen filter.

Comment

• Evan
        Evan commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't have problems falling asleep after using the computer or phone. It's just gaming shortly before bed that causes multiple wakeups throughout the night. Quite peculiar.

• AnnaBanana
        AnnaBanana commented
        Editing a comment
        @PB Maybe light from TVs too.

The older I get the more I seem to be affected by insomnia. My wife uses the tablet right before bed and sleeps reasonably well.

Comment

Seems like insomnia in one form or another is a common theme here.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x