Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone heard of Organifi...supposed to be good for the brain!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone heard of Organifi...supposed to be good for the brain!

Just saw their ad on YouTube. Apparently it is supposed to make your brain better, "backed by neuroscientists, health experts and hundreds of research". Mentions something about BDNF that helps to create new brain cells or neuro pathways or something. Now I am super curious!

[EDIT BY MODERATOR]: Link removed because it violates rule 6 our Posting / Sharing Links To External Websites Policy - "In any forum other than the Chit-Chat and Introduce Yourself subforums, the external link must be related to Lumosity, or brain training". The link was to the Organifi website, which is not related to Lumosity or brain training.

Last edited by testuser; 09-04-2020, 11:29 AM.

Imagine if, instead of playing Lumosity, we just drink our way to a better brain.

Comment

• bumpstock
      bumpstock commented
      Editing a comment
      It's waaayy more expensive than Lumosity though. At those prices, it will cost at least $700 yearly to get 30 drinks each month. Lumosity lifetime membership is $200, paid once.

• pinkcat
      pinkcat commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think it's that simple. Maybe in the distant future when science is much more advanced.

• HappyKlown
      HappyKlown commented
      Editing a comment
      How boring!

I've lost count of how many companies make magic brain drinks. Even big energy drink makers like Motherless and Red Bull target students with claims of improving grades etc.
    I am a moderator in this community

Comment

• pinkcat
      pinkcat commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry for violating the links policy! I totally forgot to check that!

• DirkFrances
      DirkFrances commented
      Editing a comment
      There are plenty of small unknown brands spamming social media with their snake oil.

Their YouTube ad made me laugh. At first you see a bedraggled guy with an overgrown beard and messy hair, wearing an old looking tshirt looking depressed. He may as well be homeless. And then he drinks this magic potion...and then the next shot of him is cleanly shaved, hair styled, dressed in expensive looking clothing, talking and laughing with women. If a homeless man can be turned into a handsome millionaire ladies man just by drinking this stuff, I'd gladly pay $700 a year for the privilege! This potion doesn't just improve your brain, it improves your entire life!

Comment

Let's say they really have a drink that can make the brain better by increasing brain cell density or neuron density. Those new brain cells or neurons will still need to be exercised, right? The brain is like a muscle. If you don't use it, you will lose it, as the saying goes. Take steroid users for example. They inject themselves with steroids, but their muscles don't just automatically grow. They still have to go to the gym and pump iron to build up their muscle size.

As pinkcat has said, maybe in the distant future there will be a magic pill that can repair or regenerate the brain and improve cognition. Right now, it's just pseudo-science with highly selective data (if any) to support their wild claims.

Comment

• HappyKlown
        HappyKlown commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with needing to exercise the brain.

Originally posted by DirkFrances View Post
      If a homeless man can be turned into a handsome millionaire ladies man just by drinking this stuff, I'd gladly pay $700 a year for the privilege!
      I thought you were already a ladies man Dirk!

Comment

• DirkFrances
        DirkFrances commented
        Editing a comment
        I wish!

• HappyKlown
        HappyKlown commented
        Editing a comment
        Dirk is a ladies man! Haha!

Originally posted by DirkFrances View Post
      Their YouTube ad made me laugh. At first you see a bedraggled guy with an overgrown beard and messy hair, wearing an old looking tshirt looking depressed. He may as well be homeless. And then he drinks this magic potion...and then the next shot of him is cleanly shaved, hair styled, dressed in expensive looking clothing, talking and laughing with women. If a homeless man can be turned into a handsome millionaire ladies man just by drinking this stuff, I'd gladly pay $700 a year for the privilege! This potion doesn't just improve your brain, it improves your entire life!
      Reminds me of the movie Limitless where a guy takes a smart pill and becomes successful in all aspects of life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x