Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone want to discuss "Splitting Seeds" or "River Ranger"?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone want to discuss "Splitting Seeds" or "River Ranger"?

My two favorite speed games.

I've only gotten splitting seeds a couple times so far (I just play the daily suggestions) but River Ranger takes some quick identification, especially the deeper you get into it.

Comment

They are in my lineup every day and I can't stand either one of them. I'm constantly having to "change games". Ugh!

Comment

• HappyKlown
        HappyKlown commented
        Editing a comment
        It's strange to me what is in our line-ups. I rarely get river ranger, never splitting seeds, but on a regular basis get tidal treasures, familiar faces, ebb and flow, word bubbles, pet detective, star search. I do very well with tidal treasures, familiar faces( I've memorize all names ages ago) and pretty well with pet detective (level 14), so I don't know how Lumosity comes up with our daily exercise grouping. Oh, I hope they are not listening!

• PaulBenne
        PaulBenne commented
        Editing a comment
        Your lineup of games is determined in part by what you chose for your priorities of what you want to concentrate on. Go into your account, training preferences and reorder the areas you want to concentrate on..that should give you new games.

HappyKlown, not familiar with Splitting Seeds..but I am with River Ranger. What 'thoughts' do you have on River Ranger?

Comment

• HappyKlown
        HappyKlown commented
        Editing a comment
        Here again I am very vocal - I have identified the fish/animals and call them out loud - such as little fish, striped fish, round fish, diamond frog, diamond fish, the obvious ones, porpoise, beaver, turtle etc. - - it gets me through. Of course it used to be easier when the "rangers" were colored, now that they are all one color it becomes more difficult and they drop under the water much more quickly.

Hate Splitting Seeds, the stick is difficult to direct. After playing 3 or 4 times, decided not to frustrate myself any longer. As to River Ranger, I don't get what to do after the animals disappear underwater.

Comment

• HappyKlown
        HappyKlown commented
        Editing a comment
        You have to click on an animal before it totally disappears, that's what makes it speedy. The better you do, the faster the creatures disappear and you must click on the second one before it disappears altogether. I agree Splitting Seeds is a pain - when it first came on, I wrote to Lumosity and told them that the stick was difficult to control and if you don't have a mouse, you couldn't do it anyway! Back to River Rangers, It's sort of like Memory Match or Memory Matrix, it's always the second image that is the most important. I've named all the water rats which helps me to remember which one to focus on.

Splitting Seeds I found you have more control if you grab the stick by one end rather than in the middle. Got my best score ever once I figured that out.
      Getting quite good at River Ranger..hit the level with the 3 animals and the different colors. Challenging but then I like the challenge.

Comment

I've been stuck on level 8 for ages, but at least I'm getting somewhat accustomed to the three-animals thing by now.

Comment

Splitting seeds is a waste of time. River Ranger you click of the animal that was there the last time and a new one appears every time, so you have to pat attention to the new one that appears each time, because that will be the one you don't click on next time.

Comment

I really like River Ranger. It is my second highest LPI of the speed games at just above 1700. I think I hit 8400 feet the last time I played.
            Spitting Seeds is not a favorite. The stick isn't great on the app. I agree with raisedbyrats, it is better when moving the stick by one of its ends. I am a little better at it using a PC, but not by much. LPI... is around 1350.

Comment

I don't know if I'm missing something in Splitting Seeds. There doesn't eem to be much to it. I am a mouse user so maybe that makes it easier.

Comment

• HappyKlown
                HappyKlown commented
                Editing a comment
                Birds, seeds, and a stick...can't be done without a mouse. You move the stick between the seeds, making sure you have the same number of seeds on either side of the stick before you click...Lumosity has a fancy explanation for doing it, but I think it is so-so. You have to be able to manipulate your mouse well in order to raise your score...oh, and be sure to count the seeds on either of the stick. Doesn't that sound like fun?

• Gore
                Gore commented
                Editing a comment
                ^ Pretty sums up how I feel about it @HappyKlown.
                A better name might be "side-splitting seeds", due to the uncontrolled laughter brought on because of, well... you know, the fun.

I have not touched either game in over 6 months. I think Splitting Seeds is more fun than River Ranger though...I might play it again soon.

Comment

• Roland
                Roland commented
                Editing a comment
                I also think that SS is more fun than RR because SS requires a bit more thinking. I also don't play these two games much.
            Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Big Grin :D Frown :( Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Wink ;) Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x