No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Low Score

This is about as bad as it gets.

this is the one speed game that i'm bad at.

Comment

It's not a terrible score. My worst is about 100,000.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkcat View Post
        It's not a terrible score. My worst is about 100,000.
        that's awesome that's my high score in that game lol

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi1001 View Post

that's awesome that's my high score in that game lol
          Mine is slightly higher. It's a fun game though.

Comment

this is the one speed game that i'm bad at.
            I think that I am decent at this game. 75690 is the lowest in my top 5. My top score is over 200,000.

I think the game is good, but what I don't like is that every time I play, I have to start from level 1. Other games like Train of Thought and Pet Detectives etc, you get to choose the level that you want to play. Level 1 - 10 is quite easy, so I am just wasting my time going through the motions of completing them. I'd rather start at level 11 every time I want to play this game. If only there was that option, this game would be one of my faves.

Comment

I saw that they were working out a new penguin pursuit, I wonder if the are incorporating your idea its funny though, if you don't play the lower levels for a long time, how much harder they become. .

Comment

I saw that they were working out a new penguin pursuit, I wonder if the are incorporating your idea its funny though, if you don't play the lower levels for a long time, how much harder they become. .
                Yes, you are right! I've never played the new version, because it was always shown as 'Early Access", meaning not completed and doesn't count towards LPI. I've played a few games with the new version, and it is not bad. I actually prefer it over the old version.

Comment

The maze in the new version seems to be much simpler than the old one, for the same levels.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyKlown View Post
                    The maze in the new version seems to be much simpler than the old one, for the same levels.
                    The new version has cuter graphics, and just looks and sounds better (but has been permanently stuck in 'early access' mode). Seems like Lumosity just stopped working on it and so still keep the old version instead of retiring the old version to the Classics.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulBenne View Post

I think the game is good, but what I don't like is that every time I play, I have to start from level 1. Other games like Train of Thought and Pet Detectives etc, you get to choose the level that you want to play. Level 1 - 10 is quite easy, so I am just wasting my time going through the motions of completing them. I'd rather start at level 11 every time I want to play this game. If only there was that option, this game would be one of my faves.
                      I definitely like the new version better. Every game only has 8 levels, after which you are given a score, so the game finishes quite quickly. With the old version, if you keep winning, you keep playing, forever. Imagine starting from level 1 to level 20+ every single game. Such a massive waste of time always starting from level 1.

Comment

Have people played the new Penguin Pursuit? The biggest difference is that your opponent is going along the same path as you. For me, it took a while for it to not be distracting.

Second, you get 8 rounds, as opposed to being unlimited up to 3 losses. This makes it less of a stamina game.

Again, it took a while for me to get used to it.

Comment

I've not done well on the app version.
                          I've only played the PC version a few times. I don't remember my scores. I do remember thinking the PC version is easier because of using the keyboard arrows, as opposed to tapping the directions out on a circle.
                          I find the bigger mazes in the PC version actually easier than the shorter ones that the app offers.
                          In addition, having your opponent always nipping at your heels on the app version, I find very distracting.

Comment

I never played it before the change you mention (Android-only user), but I'm glad it's 8
                            rounds vs until 3 losses. Up in levels 20-something one wrong move can put you behind enough to lose by a hair and I'd be annoyed if the game ended before I got into a groove.

Comment

The fact that my rival is walking along right behind me (and sometimes in front of
                              me, when I get my directions mixed up) ... I find that so off-putting! I'm still a lot better at the old Penguin
                              Pursuit than the new one, hehe.

Comment

Ah, Penguin Pursuit. For me, the distraction of the penguin on my tail (or, alas, ahead) is one thing, but the worse thing is that having almost no sense of right/left. I previously relied on center/out instead, and now there's no center to orient me. The good thing about only 8 rounds is that it doesn't start back at level 1 every time.

Comment

I know it's not the case, but after level 23 FEELS rigged. I end up sliding past corners so easily. But my high score is 228860

Comment

• AnnaBanana
                                    AnnaBanana commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    That is an impressive score.

Originally posted by bumpstock View Post

The new version has cuter graphics, and just looks and sounds better (but has been permanently stuck in 'early access' mode). Seems like Lumosity just stopped working on it and so still keep the old version instead of retiring the old version to the Classics.
                                  The main reason I don't play the new version is because the new animation and sound of the penguin crying breaks my heart. Not ashamed to admit that lol

Comment

Yes, that's right - in version 1 of the game, the fish is always somewhere along the center line, and that really helps orient.

Comment

One thing I like about the new version is that if you make a wrong turn and the other penguin passes you, you can immediately follow it and catch up for the win most times. With the old version, since each penguin is on it's own track, there is no way to follow the other penguin.

Comment

• AnnaBanana
                                      AnnaBanana commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      So true!
                                  Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                  Auto-Saved
                                  Smile :) Big Grin :D Frown :( Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                                  x
                                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                  x