Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't understand how the directions work

I am fine at navigating Penguin Pursuit when the arrow points up or down, but when the arrow points left or right, the directions don't seem to be correct. If I turn my head to the left, say, and align the keys accordingly, the penguin moves in a different direction than it should. If the arrow is pointing to the left, shouldn't pressing the "up" arrow make it the penguin go the right? It doesn't. I saw a tip that said the right arrow always goes inward and the left outward (or vice versa), and that didn't seem to work, either. It's my only super low LPI on the speed games and I want to improve, but I seem to be missing the "trick".

If the arrow at the top of the map is pointing left, pressing 'up' will move the penguin to the left. Pressing 'down' = move right. Pressing 'left' = move down. Pressing 'right' = move up.

If the arrow at the top of the map is pointing down, pressing 'up' will move the penguin down. Pressing 'down' = move up. Pressing 'left' = move right. Pressing 'right' = move left.

​​​​​If the arrow at the top of the map is pointing right, pressing 'up' will move the penguin to the right. Pressing 'down' = move left. Pressing 'left' = move up. Pressing 'right' = move down.

If the arrow at the top of the map is pointing up, pressing any arrow will move in the same direction as the arrow.

I hope that helps.

Comment

• AnnaBanana
      AnnaBanana commented
      Editing a comment
      This pretty much sums it up.

• Anna Baptist
      Anna Baptist commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahhhh... so it's the exact opposite of what I've been doing when the arrow is pointing left or right. Thanks!

This game confused the hell out of me for a long time. But after I understood how to play it, it became one of my faves.

Comment

• AnnaBanana
      AnnaBanana commented
      Editing a comment
      So true.

Hi Anna, this may be of some help.

Comment

I don't understand this game either.

Comment

Trust me, if I can get a grasp of this game (eventually), then ANYONE can too.

Comment

• Anna Baptist
          Anna Baptist commented
          Editing a comment
          Off to try! I took a break from Luminosity when I achieved an overall goal, but now I am back.

Easiest when arrow is pointed upwards. When arrow is pointing downwards, every direction is opposite I.e. up = down, left = right. When the arrow points left or right then I am in trouble.

Comment

You can turn your head to the left, or rotate the keyboard! But that would be cheating.

Comment

I had to explain this game to my parents a few times, but they love it now.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Big Grin :D Frown :( Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x