Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New high score

How does this compare with other people? Good or bad?

I just tried to beat you. That was exhausting.

Comment

• CarlosTheJackal
      CarlosTheJackal commented
      Editing a comment
      Jajaja! A good effort! Let's try again! =)

I think that's pretty good, that must be somewhere in the 20s levels right? It took me a couple of days to get to L25 and I kind of threw in the towel after being extremely close to beat L25 (I was ahead surprisingly by more than I thought possible) and then lost.

Comment

• CarlosTheJackal
      Editing a comment
      Yeah it's level 23. I think Evan is also at 23 since our scores are similar.

I am out of practice, but even when I was on top of my game I never came close lol.

Comment

• CarlosTheJackal
      Editing a comment
      look at the game LPI .... ????

• raisedbyrats
      raisedbyrats commented
      Editing a comment
      But your score is 180k vs my 103k (or 160k)... ?

• CarlosTheJackal
      Editing a comment
      i mean...the score of Evan, is 180k, but his game LPI its 1577, and your score is 103k, but your LPI is 1708... how????

• raisedbyrats
      raisedbyrats commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree, I have no idea. That said I _believe_ my game LPI is based on 152920 not 103870 (my best score). No??

• CarlosTheJackal
      Editing a comment
      yes but still, i think Evans game lpi is wrong... isn't it?

• Evan
      Evan commented
      Editing a comment
      I think the thing is like this. For the beginning raisedbyrats score was 50k-s, now he has 100k-s & 150k-s, so he has doubled and tripled his scores over training.

But maybe my first scores was ~100-150k, so in percentage, I improved my scores less better than raiesdbyrats. Is it possible?

• Foolish Mortal
      Foolish Mortal commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd say Evan that if you just repeat your performance a couple of times you'd be at the 1800s. Raised's is being judged for his earlier scores more likely, the penalties of doing worse than your lpi performance is more lenient than that in the other direction. There's a sort of buffer to encourage experimentation that works in only one direction. -if it's been more than 6 months and his score left the report there's probably an even greater leniency. Also possible that the norming changed if the playthrough was a long time ago and his lpi left the score report and never came back to mended perhaps?

• Evan
      Evan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info Foolish Mortal. That's good to know.

i have another theory... to get the game's lpi, lumosity only counts the top 5 scores for each game.. then, if you have your top 5 results near the average of that scores, your lpi, would be more realistic, but if you have 180k on your highest, and 100k on your lowest, the lpi would be lower than other game lpi of somebody who has 160k on the highest and 150 on the lowest... also involves the percentiles acording to age...

Comment

• raisedbyrats
      raisedbyrats commented
      Editing a comment
      Theory 2, the more I play the lower my LPI for that game will go down until it lines up with current scores.

• Foolish Mortal
      Foolish Mortal commented
      Editing a comment
      The age aspect is interesting (only because it's hard to have refuting evidence, and it's ridiculous to go around asking), but for premium members you can query for your percentile in certain age groups so unless that's accounted for through data memory of performance and disuse of lpi, it wouldn't make sense and so it's not too likely. It's probably harder to tell without continuous lpi information from membership though - considering your's still highly volatile at this point.

My last ever attempt at this game. Starting from level 1 every time is too time consuming.

Comment

I got a new high score for the new version of Penguin Pursuit on the phone. It doesn't give an LPI with the score though? And the score is 1/3 that of the old version, for the same level 23.

Comment

I'd say everybody here has gotten respectable scores for this game.

Comment

I just beat level 25 on this game once for a whopping 2 game lpi It seems you don't lose a life when you beat the final level so you can potentially get infinite points on this one, which is good since it shows it's not a broken game

Comment

• CarlosTheJackal
          Editing a comment
          Awesome dude! =)

• pinkcat
          pinkcat commented
          Editing a comment
          Good job. But I don't get...are you saying 25 is the final level? If not, then why would you lose a life if you pass the level? I thought you only lose a life if you get beaten by the other penguin?

• Foolish Mortal
          Foolish Mortal commented
          Editing a comment
          @PC Yes it is the final level, for some reason I just thought you'd lose a life anyway and so the best way to perform at the game was to get to 25 playing perfectly beforehand for the extra points and then beat the penguin 3 times perfectly. But yes, you don't lose a life and so the coveted 2000 lpi for this game is a lot easier to attain.

Foolish Mortal I didn't realize that 25 is the final level. I just got to level 25 on the phone app...I don't think I can beat it 3 times without losing a life though.

Comment

• Foolish Mortal
          Foolish Mortal commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow congratulations! I only play penguin pursuit online (the standardized old one); I think the app one uses the newer version so I don't know of the difference. I think if one can beat it once, one can beat it again :P

• pinkcat
          pinkcat commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks

Maybe I'll get used to it, but I am pathetic at left/right and so in the old game, had used "to center", and "to outside" in my mind for left/right directions. Now, with the penguins in the same maze, there's no "center" to help me orient. It does start at level one the first time you play but after that it seems to go to where you left off.

Comment

I've played this several times on the app and my score and level isn't remotely close to these scores.
          Maybe on a PC I could do better with the arrow keys.... ???

Comment

• Evan
            Evan commented
            Editing a comment
            I am pretty sure the PC and app scores are totally separate and different for this game. Also, don't forget that this is the Classic Penguin Pursuit score for the PC. The new version of PP for the PC where the penguins are in the same maze may score more like the app version.

• HappyKlown
            HappyKlown commented
            Editing a comment
            I do way better with arrow keys. Playing this game on the app is just ugh.

• Gore
            Gore commented
            Editing a comment
            Okay... Good to know.
            I haven't played the classic version yet.

PP classic scoring is different than the new version for the same levels.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Wink ;) Smile :) Big Grin :D Frown :( Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x