Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am a better pet detective in real life!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a better pet detective in real life!

Pet Detective stumps me nearly every time. I'm still at an embarrassingly low level. After another miserable failed attempt last week I left home on an errand and saw a little schnauzer-y dog loose in the street. I stopped, lured him into my car, checked his ID tag, called his people and got him safely home within 10 minutes! I felt much consoled.

I'm a freebie member, with limited access to a handful of games. Early on, Lumosity asked me for feedback on those games. I told them I didn't like Pet Detective. It is the one game they offer me the most! I think it's a strategy to get me to break down and get a paid subscription

Comment

I could maybe rescue a real pet easier too. I am also unable to get my level up and always end up with one move short. The odd time I get a check mark. Strategy is the secret here and probably patience. Good job on getting the real-life dog home so quickly!

Comment

Eyyy what a hero. But what if the dog purposely escaped

Comment

• HappyKlown
          HappyKlown commented
          Editing a comment
          Fair comment!

Want to cheat a little? There is a Reset/Restart button at the lower right hand side. You can always redo it before each game ends. Good luck!

Also, what technique did you use to lure a dog into your car? Curious minds want to know!

Comment

• HappyKlown
          HappyKlown commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm at level 10 - refreshing the page I don't consider "cheating". It's more positive than being done with the game - - in my mind.

I use the same technique that I use to lure little children into my car! Candy!

• bumpstock
          bumpstock commented
          Editing a comment
          I think that anything that works for you is the right way for you. Apparently I am pretty good at problem solving...or just lucky...I rarely get one of the three games in Pet Detective right at the level I'm on, so I just try to get rid of as many animals as I can.

• pinkcat
          pinkcat commented
          Editing a comment
          HappyKlown LOL!

I cannot deal with Pet Detective either. Something about counting stops and dealing with the spatial elements just stymies me. I have totally given up on it.

Comment

You know from the beginning how many spaces you are allowed and you are told how many spaces you are using...I usually get the first game right and never game 2 and 3, but I try to pick up all but the last animal - that's the best I can do at level 14. I look for groupings of 5 spaces (like I can look at something and see 5 right away) so I base it off that rather than counting each space individually. I fail miserably at Pet detective, but love animals & own 2 schnauzers.

Comment

Originally posted by Foolish Mortal View Post
            But what if the dog purposely escaped
            So true lol

Comment

I find this game very frustrating, tend to end up one move short also. Even when I try to count the steps ahead and the direction the vehicle is heading, the car seems to change direction and use up spaces. Always one pet left waiting.....

Comment

• CarlosTheJackal
                CarlosTheJackal commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree. It's frustrating when you plan ahead and it works in your head, but when you execute the plan, you are one move short!

I once found a kitten loose in the street near my house. Checked his ID, called his owners and took it home while I waited for a callback. They didn't call back for a day, so I had to look after it. And it peed all over my apartment and stained the carpets and my blanket - it actually managed to climb onto my chest while I was sleeping and when I woke up, I found the little furball sleeping on my chest and my blanket was wet. I should have kept that kitten, because the owners didn't seem to really care about it.

Comment

• pinkcat
                pinkcat commented
                Editing a comment
                Lovely story.
            Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x