Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brain cells on overdrive!

Somehow I managed today to complete the top level of Pet Detective fast enough to get a time bonus! Problem solving games are my worst did area. About to attempt Pirate Passage, hopefully this winning streak will carry me through! Wish me luck!

Have you noticed some days your brain seems to be on fire and making great scores and other days, you couldn't, say in Pet Detective, get a pet home?

Comment

• raisedbyrats
      raisedbyrats commented
      Editing a comment
      I definitely have good days and bad days. And sometimes I might not do well at all in, say, Speed Games but do quite well in a Memory or Problem Solving Game.

It also depends upon how much sleep you have had, whether you have eaten, whether you are well-hydrated, etc.

Comment

Well done rbr! Any hints for this game?

Comment

It's hard to come up with good hints, as each game is different. But generally, I try to pickup pets right away... driving an empty or near-empty car doesn't usually work. If there is a pet at a dead-end, I try to pick them up early, but also pick-up and then drop-off pets whose home is near the dead end on my way there. On the other hand, if there is a home actually at a dead end, it could be where you want to end the game.

In general, I look for "end games"... where several homes are in close proximity, perhaps with a pick-up and easy drop-off of a pet mixed in. After a while, things become more intuitive. all the while trying not to duplicate your paths... yet don't be afraid to break a rule. Often you need to go "backwards" or "sideways" to pick up a pet and then return to a more smooth route.

Much of the time, I start by trying to come up with a general path that isn't perfect, and then try to improve upon it. Some games at higher levels can be REALLY hard.

Comment

First I look at the layout of the map then where there are groups of animals that should go together and last what route works well to in order to drop off animals sooner than later. I often make a quick strategy and try it out without finalizing the game. That helps splitting the problem in two or three smaller ones that are easier to solve. Have fun!

Comment

Queuing *applause * Congratulations! As problem solving is innately about eliminating bad options and working only with the few plausible ones, perhaps you've just made a leap and made it to the next level? On a side note, if this was an unusually good day, I've had my own personal best ones after a little bit of jogging. It's likely a mix of the algorithms and you polishing your skills though, I've found masterpiece to be a game where once you're accustomed to it, it's not so bad despite the rough start. Still, one has to be at a good place to take advantage of that, which sounds like what happened today for you! Hope the trend continues!

Comment

• raisedbyrats
              raisedbyrats commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, I've heard that excercise helps to stimulate the brain. As for Masterpiece, I think the more you play the you start to recognize how the various shapes fit in.
          Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x