Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luck plays a big role

Both challenges have 22 moves, but one takes me 10 times as long to solve.

Agreed 100%.

Comment

It's funny how some games with the same number of moves take way longer. Luck plays a part, but not sure how big a part. If you play a large set of games, I think luck (chance) is reduced and other factors like strategy play a larger part. Statistics 101.

Comment

Luck would play a bigger role at higher levels. The lower levels can be solved fairly quickly regardless of luck or strategy.

Comment

• Foolish Mortal
          Foolish Mortal commented
          Editing a comment
          I have a feeling that the levels always have one hard and one easy one; but then again perhaps that's just the lady doing her magic: call her magic chance. :P

Do people actually strategize or do you play intuitively? I've recently advanced a few levels on it by playing more or less intuitively but not as hastily as I used to...

Comment

I'm at level 14 and I have to spend a lot of time strategizing. I sit, look at where the animals vs houses are then I start in, sometimes realizing I have made a wrong turn - reset and start again. Right now I'm lucky if I get two rounds of the three correct - I'm finding it slow going. I know that I have far more time to do this than others, but after an hour with PD, I finish it off, usually with unfinished rounds.

Comment

Intuition has really improved my performance with Pet Detective. I don't even know how I did it, it was almost uncanny!

Comment

It really irks me on Pet Detective when I manage to return all the pets in game one and then fail badly in the following two games, grrrr!

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                It really irks me on Pet Detective when I manage to return all the pets in game one and then fail badly in the following two games, grrrr!
                Me again! Feeling pleased with myself today, finally moved up a level by returning ALL pets but no doubt it will get harder now!

Comment

• PaulBenne
                  PaulBenne commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Congratulations.

That is such a rare occurrence. PD is one of my weaker games. when i do get them all returned, i know it's by chance, because i'm rarely able to figure out the routes. C'est la vie!

Comment

• LumosLaura
                  LumosLaura commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Same! I love our Problem Solving games, but Pet Detective always gets the best of me -_-

It fascinates me that there are so many different routes and some are easier than others but I love the challenge of trying to work out the best route to take. This is one of my favorite games.

Comment

I like the challenge of PD too. I can get all returned once fairly well on my level,have rarely returned all 2 out of 3 games. And yes it gets harder as you move up. I have been stuck for a looong time

Comment

I've found I score better on this game when I guess and hurry up and play vs. slowing down and counting each square.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x