Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of questions

Is there more than one way to solve a puzzle?
    I keep running into situations where I solve the puzzle, but it takes more moves than it should and I know I'm not turning the pieces in the wrong direction. So I'm wondering if the pieces can be placed differently so as to not take as many moves.

How does the scoring work?
    My high score is 40680. I went into the 4th puzzle with over 39000 points and solved it in the right amount of moves... I thought I'd beat my previous score but ended up watching my score drop to somewhere in the 38000's. I hadn't noticed the end scoring before that, but now I'm seeing it happens every time. I thought this might be app related, but I've run into exactly the same thing on the website.

I have no proof, but I believe that there may be more than one way to solve the puzzles. Having said that, the game could be buggy like Pet Detective, so you make more or less moves than what the game thinks should have been made.

Comment

Sorry Gore, I don't have the answers. I have read somewhere here that Masterpiece scores sometimes drop for no known reason.

Comment

If you care about your LPI and score, don't play Masterpiece. Really fun game (I believe it is really beneficial for improving visualization) but crazy scoring.

Comment

For the lower levels with small numbers of pieces there is only one way to solve puzzles. When there are 9 or 10 little pieces the chance is greater for more than one solution. I have found that the scores at the higher levels are inconsistent (but not consistently inconsistent).

Comment

Finally beat my high score by getting a "perfect" on all 4 puzzles thereby gaining the LPI back I had lost.
            I suppose 4 perfects is the only sure way to know your points will go up when you you are done.

It seems to me that you get penalized twice when you don't get all of the puzzles perfect... Points are deducted on each one when you go over the given amount of turns, then you are given points for solving it, but when the game ends you lose points off of the total. My guess is that the points taken off is based on the total amount of turns you went over on all 4 puzzles. So if you have taken more turns than you should by the end of the 3rd puzzle count on losing points off of your total at the end. If I am correct, and you want to keep your LPI where it is, don't play the 4th puzzle if you have missed turns on the first 3.
            I could very well be wrong, but since I have been paying attention, that seems to be the scoring system.
            That being said, it is a great work out for spatial reasoning and planning and one of my favorite games to wind down with after playing some of the more demanding games.

Comment

• CarlosTheJackal
              CarlosTheJackal commented
              Editing a comment
              this is a relaxing game because there is no time limit. i love it =)

• Evan
              Evan commented
              Editing a comment
              Good job Gore!

• Gore
              Gore commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Evan

• DirkFrances
              DirkFrances commented
              Editing a comment
              Problem solving seems to be your thing! It sure as hell ain't mine!

• Gore
              Gore commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Dirk

I believe there is a time factor as well.

Comment

• pinkcat
              pinkcat commented
              Editing a comment
              What makes you think that?
          Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Frown :( Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Wink ;) Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          widgetinstance 503 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

Working...
          X