Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new high score

Took me a loooonnnnggg time to get this one!

Congrats!

Comment

Well done.

Comment

Good job rbr!

Comment

Awesome! I find this game challenging but fun.

Comment

Way to go rbr!

Comment

Sharing scores is good!

Comment

The one memory game (besides faces) I’m reasonably descent at! I’ve been trying to get a perfect recall on every beach, but have not managed yet my best score right now is 65400 (94 items).

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                  The one memory game (besides faces) I’m reasonably descent at! I’ve been trying to get a perfect recall on every beach, but have not managed yet my best score right now is 65400 (94 items).
                  Very impressive!

Comment

Originally posted by PaulBenne View Post

Very impressive!
                    Thanks! My memory is actually relatively bad- but for this game it’s all about the strategy. Here is what works for me: try to pick “objects” in order, for example, all animals, then shells, then boating objects, etc. If items looks very similar, try and pick them as soon as you can to avoid getting confused later. This will become even more important in the more difficult beaches where a lot of items have “look alikes” that can be confusing. If you always make sure to pick the look alike too as soon as you can, then you avoid being confused later on. This strategy is actually based in cognitive research (!) which shows that it’s harder to tell the difference between a previously picked object and a closely resembling object. If you make sure to always pick together the look alikes in close clusters, this circumvents the problem and plays it to your advantage. I would be useless without it, but with it I can get complete beaches if I focus well.
                    I would be curious to see if others have been using this strategy too

Comment

I try not to strategize or use special methods or techniques with the Lumosity games. I think that the games are meant to exercise cognitive functions, so strategies and stuff are not really exercising cognitive functions.

For Tidal Treasures, I just select the object that I have not selected before. What I select is totally random, which makes the game more fun and spontaneous than having a gameplan. I am totally relying on memory, not memory techniques.

​​​​​
                      Last edited by raisedbyrats; 12-23-2017, 09:14 PM.

Comment

i think memory techniques help you with your memory. like in memory matrix, when some of the squares pop up in an L form or in a group of five or four. familiar faces, some of the people I remember their names or faces from work or other aspects of my life. for tidal treasures I take each beach differently.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Wink ;) Smile :) Frown :( Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x