X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HappyKlown
    replied
    If you go after one category of objects at a time, it's easier to remember which ones you've marked. "Inanimate objects", "shells", "creatures" and "plants". I always save the plants for last because I find them to be the least distinct and hardest to remember.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    My immediate memory sucks - sorry for the language. I have aced Familiar Faces and Tidal treasure through memorization - however, I am terrible at games like The Frog, The Tiles, anything that flashes and is gone. But ask me the names of the 73 people on Familiar and I score 100 percent all the time.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    This game is one of my worst... I have a really bad working memory (likely from a huge loss of blood once) and so I struggle. It works best when I do not try to work hard... because if I pay attention to an object I have no clue further down the road why I recognize it! Was it there, or was it not there? So instead I use my pattern recognizing skills and look for new and fresh...

Leave a comment:

• CarlosTheJackal
    replied
    It can be played kinda in reverse as well. After about half a dozen objects appear on the screen, the game routinely offers three new items to choose from. For me figuring out what's new offers a different take on the clutter.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Several people have mentioned 'color' of the objects in TT. I don't see color - I'm not colorblind - I just see them in shades of treys or black/white. Those of you who see color, are you working on an app?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have found a new strategy which helps me remember 30-33 things in the first lot. I only pick things that have circles and I describe it as I go. Stingray circle, crab circle, bottle circle, big circle, floaty cirle, boat circle. Majority of items have circles on them. I leave non circle items for last. I can usually clear the first tide of treasures this way. As for round 2 and 3 I think I need a different strategy lol

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I say what the item is 2 or 3 times and cirlce my cursor over the shape. I use the clock face to seperate the bottles, bobbers and blocks of wood. 11 o'clock bobber for the one that points to 11.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I group them and name them. Often, I rhyme the names--I have a shell from hell, a shield to heal, and a spike from yike (all of those are sea creatures, but I go by the shape/appearance). I also have some vulgar names for some of them--makes it easy to remember.

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied
    I find that the game gets better as you play. And I try not to linger. The longer I think, the more mistakes I make. I find if I relax, my brain will often choose the one that wasn't there before. Also, my technique is probably more simple categorizing. Beach 1, I often do creatures, although every now and then you have to substitute something else, like a boat, so I try to subcategorize them into beach stuff (ball, pail, trident, boat, anchor, etc). Beach 2, I notice often comes in triples - 3 jelly fish like things, 3 buoys, 3 boards, 3 crabs. After that, I have to branch out. Beach 3 is harder as many objects are the same, just mirrored image. So I try to click everything that is "left side" or everything that is "right side." I also try to keep with the same pattern - all dots or all stripes, or all shells. And, finally, it took some of the stress off to know that each Beach has a maximum of 35 objects. I hope htis helps.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I say each one in order on each screen. Like: beach ball; beach ball jump ropes (That's what I call that formation; it helps me remember to have a name for the things that look alike). Beach ball, jump rope, fat genie bottle. Also, I have to do that kind of fast to remember the growing list of objects. And I move the cursor from item to item each time - it helps me remember the sequences.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It's a working memory game - that's all. The fun is, I think, in naming them and then trying to remember what you called them, for instance, "ugly", "little man", "torpedo", "sailing shell", Lisa Kipke.

Leave a comment:

• pinkcat
    replied
    It can be fun when you shout out the words, the neighbors may think that something is wrong with you when you do that but its fun

Leave a comment:

• pinkcat
    commented on Guest's reply
    I think you have the right idea. It's what I do and it works for me.

Guest replied
    I've tried the "make a story with what you pick", or I pick smooth vs sharp looking objects. Creatures vs things. Alphabetical order. Picking randomly and fairly quickly and saying it seems to help me the most.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I say the name of the item as I click it. It doesn't matter what you call it. There are 3 that I have no idea what they are. I go wrong any time I click too fast when there are 20 or more because I didn't look at the whole beach. So, changing where I look really helps. On beach three, I keep track of branch coral and rainbow right and left by placing my left hand on my left or right and I wait to do these until they are both on the beach. Same with brain, fan, bars, wavy and fringe weeds.

Leave a comment:

• raisedbyrats
    replied
    I've been trying to develop mnemonic techniques for this, and it would help if there was a simple list of all of the objects in the game. Maybe such a game could be a variant of Beaches. They could call it Forests, and show the player all three versions of a squirrel from the start.

Leave a comment:

• bumpstock
    replied
    I same them out loud and give the oddball ones nicknames. Then each screen go over all of them and say which I have and which i don't. I also try to "save' some of the groups for last ... such as the crabs or the stingrays.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I try going alphabetically and also give nicknames to icons...also say out loud.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Does pausing between Beaches and doing something else help?

Leave a comment:

• PaulBenne
    replied
    Categorizing makes for an easy Beach 1. However, my mind ends up cluttered with these memories on Beach 2 and 3. It makes me wonder why they keep the same objects and color on each Beach.

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x