Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with Tidal Treasures

Hello, what are your techniques for playing tidal treasures ?

I tried to categorize the objects. for example animal mineral or vegetable, rotational symetryl, axial symmetry, planar symmetry. do only one category before moving on to the next. but I find fast and loose works just as well and it is faster. thinking can drag the game into a 10 or 15 minutes.

Comment

Human made stuff vs sea creatures. Sea creatures by Linnean taxonomy. Collect all varieties of like things before moving on to the next category (all jellyfish before moving on to whelks). I haven't developed a taxonomy for the human made stuff. Maybe by material.....

Comment

I categorize and say the item out loud

Comment

I borrowed a technique from someone here and shout the items as you see it on the screen and it works for me!

Comment

Categorizing makes for an easy Beach 1. However, my mind ends up cluttered with these memories on Beach 2 and 3. It makes me wonder why they keep the same objects and color on each Beach.

Comment

Does pausing between Beaches and doing something else help?

Comment

I try going alphabetically and also give nicknames to icons...also say out loud.

Comment

I same them out loud and give the oddball ones nicknames. Then each screen go over all of them and say which I have and which i don't. I also try to "save' some of the groups for last ... such as the crabs or the stingrays.

Comment

I've been trying to develop mnemonic techniques for this, and it would help if there was a simple list of all of the objects in the game. Maybe such a game could be a variant of Beaches. They could call it Forests, and show the player all three versions of a squirrel from the start.

Comment

I say the name of the item as I click it. It doesn't matter what you call it. There are 3 that I have no idea what they are. I go wrong any time I click too fast when there are 20 or more because I didn't look at the whole beach. So, changing where I look really helps. On beach three, I keep track of branch coral and rainbow right and left by placing my left hand on my left or right and I wait to do these until they are both on the beach. Same with brain, fan, bars, wavy and fringe weeds.

Comment

I've tried the "make a story with what you pick", or I pick smooth vs sharp looking objects. Creatures vs things. Alphabetical order. Picking randomly and fairly quickly and saying it seems to help me the most.

Comment

• pinkcat
                          pinkcat commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I think you have the right idea. It's what I do and it works for me.

It can be fun when you shout out the words, the neighbors may think that something is wrong with you when you do that but its fun

Comment

It's a working memory game - that's all. The fun is, I think, in naming them and then trying to remember what you called them, for instance, "ugly", "little man", "torpedo", "sailing shell", Lisa Kipke.

Comment

I say each one in order on each screen. Like: beach ball; beach ball jump ropes (That's what I call that formation; it helps me remember to have a name for the things that look alike). Beach ball, jump rope, fat genie bottle. Also, I have to do that kind of fast to remember the growing list of objects. And I move the cursor from item to item each time - it helps me remember the sequences.

Comment

I find that the game gets better as you play. And I try not to linger. The longer I think, the more mistakes I make. I find if I relax, my brain will often choose the one that wasn't there before. Also, my technique is probably more simple categorizing. Beach 1, I often do creatures, although every now and then you have to substitute something else, like a boat, so I try to subcategorize them into beach stuff (ball, pail, trident, boat, anchor, etc). Beach 2, I notice often comes in triples - 3 jelly fish like things, 3 buoys, 3 boards, 3 crabs. After that, I have to branch out. Beach 3 is harder as many objects are the same, just mirrored image. So I try to click everything that is "left side" or everything that is "right side." I also try to keep with the same pattern - all dots or all stripes, or all shells. And, finally, it took some of the stress off to know that each Beach has a maximum of 35 objects. I hope htis helps.

Comment

I group them and name them. Often, I rhyme the names--I have a shell from hell, a shield to heal, and a spike from yike (all of those are sea creatures, but I go by the shape/appearance). I also have some vulgar names for some of them--makes it easy to remember.

Comment

I say what the item is 2 or 3 times and cirlce my cursor over the shape. I use the clock face to seperate the bottles, bobbers and blocks of wood. 11 o'clock bobber for the one that points to 11.

Comment

I have found a new strategy which helps me remember 30-33 things in the first lot. I only pick things that have circles and I describe it as I go. Stingray circle, crab circle, bottle circle, big circle, floaty cirle, boat circle. Majority of items have circles on them. I leave non circle items for last. I can usually clear the first tide of treasures this way. As for round 2 and 3 I think I need a different strategy lol

Comment

Several people have mentioned 'color' of the objects in TT. I don't see color - I'm not colorblind - I just see them in shades of treys or black/white. Those of you who see color, are you working on an app?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                      Auto-Saved
                                      Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Wink ;) Smile :) Big Grin :D Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                                      x
                                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                      x