No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tidal Treasures Perfect Game :O

Contrary to the optimism in the topic title I actually feel like I'm going mental lol. I woke up and the first tidal treasures game I play I finally get a perfect performance. https://youtu.be/jdfLxlJlH-4 -That's great. Then for the rest of the day I can't seem to get myself to repeat it. AHH this game takes too long!!! I keep making a minor mistake and I have to smash the refresh button with my head. Whenever I play I feel like wow it was really easy the first time, and then I start to get really anxious midway and think "yeah, but what if you just forgot everything you pressed till now, right now" ; and then a few items in I can't remember if I clicked the clam or one of the weird seaweeds. My own psyche seems hellbent on sabotaging things for me because I keep forcing it to repeat this game. Send an ambulance pls, my body's convulsing in agony.

Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Foolish Mortal View Post
    Send an ambulance pls, my body's convulsing in agony.
    Lol. This game sounds dangerous for your health.

Comment

• Foolish Mortal
      Foolish Mortal commented
      Editing a comment
      It really is for weak but demanding willed individuals.

Very impressive.

Comment

• Foolish Mortal
      Foolish Mortal commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I think this game just has a steep initial learning curve though. In some ways, it's easier to chunk the clicked items into groups more easily in the later levels if you know what you should expect. Since the items are repeated.

Congratulations. Be happy with the perfect game and leave it at that. The game is too long to try to get another perfect game.

Comment

• Foolish Mortal
      Foolish Mortal commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I achieved it on my first try today as well and then couldn't do it again like before. I'm beginning to suspect that it might actually just get confusing to attempt the game more than once in one day, as you lose track of whether you clicked one of the items in your current try or one of your previous attempts.

• AnnaBanana
      AnnaBanana commented
      Editing a comment
      The game is too long to play, but also too long to watch someone else play it!

• HappyKlown
      HappyKlown commented
      Editing a comment
      pinkcat So true!

Hi FM, you can share your video here by going to your video on Youtube, clicking on 'share' beneath the video on Youtube, copy the code and then when you make a post in this community, click on the link icon (next to the camera) and paste in the code.

I am a moderator in this community

Comment

• Foolish Mortal
      Foolish Mortal commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotcha, that's great to know

Your LPI is even higher than Lina K's!

Comment

• Foolish Mortal
      Foolish Mortal commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha actually I've encountered about 3-4 strangers with "lpi"s higher than Lina K's throughout the various youtube comment section. The majority of them below 1950 with the exception of a weird fellow who claimed to have an iq of 156+ and a very immediate 1911 memory stat, later increasing rapidly to 1984. I'd assume he got bored and moved onto other things after a few weeks.

• Evan
      Evan commented
      Editing a comment
      My friend has an LPI of 1930. He's doing a master of Astrophysics at university. He only plays Lumosity 2-3 times a week for fun. I think he could get a much higher LPI if he took Lumosity more seriously.

• Foolish Mortal
      Foolish Mortal commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, that's pretty incredible; I don't doubt that your friend could score a lot higher if he wanted to, in fact the threshold for a 2000 lpi performance in about a half of lumosity's games is actually a lot lower than what is possible. There's a guy who managed to get 90 out of 90 trains in train of thought and yet my 2000 lpi performance in that game only needed around 58+ trains. The fact that your friend is studying astrophysics though is probably more impressive O_O;

• Evan
      Evan commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, if I remember correctly, he said his IQ is 142 after a professional 3-day IQ test when he was in high school. Also, his 1930 LPI is overall, not for any specific game. Interesting to know that 2000 LPI's can be obtained below the maximum levels. You mentioned in your intro you study at university, what do you study?

• AnnaBanana
      AnnaBanana commented
      Editing a comment
      I've never cared much for LPIs, but 58 trains to get 2000 LPI makes LPIs somewhat irrelevant?

• Foolish Mortal
      Foolish Mortal commented
      Editing a comment
      Evan - I'm trying to major in chemical engineering and yes I had also meant overall; the iq's also interesting to know. It'd be interesting to create a correlation graph. How old is your friend now? Because 1870 is (1 out of 1000 for under 19), 1910 is (1 out of 1000 for 22.5) 1930 is (1 out of 1000 for 27.5). Which would be related to a iq somewhere around 147 (15SD) in terms of statistics, with other extraneous factors heightening uncertainty such as the percentiles only including premium members.
      Anna - I'm not quite sure what you mean by irrelevant, but in the sense that it's not a "limit" then yes!
      Last edited by Foolish Mortal; 03-20-2018, 08:45 AM.

• Evan
      Evan commented
      Editing a comment
      My friend just turned 21 two weeks ago.

Edit - Chem eng is probably the most challenging engineering stream, closely followed by electrical/electronics.
      Last edited by Evan; 03-21-2018, 05:51 AM.

• Foolish Mortal
      Foolish Mortal commented
      Editing a comment
      A linear projection (There's strong evidence it should be exponential though) factoring in current age gives 1 out of 1440 now then or statistically more related to an iq of ~148 (15 SD).
      Haha, I originally chose chemical engineering because I thought it'd be the most direct(simple?) field that pays well; two years in and I'm shaking my head.

• AnnaBanana
      AnnaBanana commented
      Editing a comment
      What I mean by irrelevant is that the LPI does not accurately reflect a person's ability if the maximum LPI of 2000 can be obtained at game levels that are far from the maximum levels.

• Foolish Mortal
      Foolish Mortal commented
      Editing a comment
      I suppose, it's kind of a limitless digital test with a bell curve. After 100 questions you achieve a "perfect" score, but if you want to you can always keep solving more for "extra credit."

Hi everybody.

We have created a policy regarding sharing / posting links to external websites.

Please check it out here: Posting / Sharing Links To External Websites Policy

FM, since you posted your link before the policy was created, policy #2 and #3 don't apply to you.
    [EDIT:] And we are not suggesting in any way that you are spammer, FM.

Thank you.
    Last edited by testuser; 03-19-2018, 09:58 AM.
    I am a moderator in this community

Comment

• Foolish Mortal
      Foolish Mortal commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, no problem; I completely understand.

Apart from Tidal Treasures, have you played any other perfect games?

Comment

• Foolish Mortal
      Foolish Mortal commented
      Editing a comment
      It depends on whether you meant a 2000 lpi performance or a game to the highest limit: most games don't actually have a limit. But if you meant the latter I've maxed out on pirate passage, organic order? I forget if you get extra points for answering quickly on the max level 305, top that(highest money reward is 99,999,999.00), playing koi, and familiar faces.

• Evan
      Evan commented
      Editing a comment
      I've managed to play a perfect game in Familiar Faces.

• Foolish Mortal
      Foolish Mortal commented
      Editing a comment
      That's pretty great! I was getting annoyed at how many strangers were continuously popping in after multiple trials that I just searched and memorized all their names. That cafe's way too diverse.

• pinkcat
      pinkcat commented
      Editing a comment
      Evan Me too. Lumosity should increase the characters from 4 to 5, otherwise the game is not that hard and it is quite an old game. People will stop playing it if they keep getting the max score.

Foolish Mortal Apparently the characters in the game are actual Lumosity employees. They have a diverse workforce!

Congrats on a perfect game. Truly an amazing acomplishment.

Comment

• Foolish Mortal
      Foolish Mortal commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I'm rushing to beat a bet I made with another lumosity user. He said he thought it'd take me around a month to reach a overall 2000 lpi, I said a week and a half if I'm feeling lazy and can't get myself to commit to it. So I can't lose.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x