Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More memory advice wanted...

I am looking for tips and techniques in all the memory games.

This is one the most difficult for me.

Thank you in advance!

I think Memory Matrix is one of the few Lumosity games where there are really no concrete tips and tricks. It just comes down to playing repeatedly to build up your memory muscle.

Personally, I click the the tiles that are in the corners last, because they are the easiest locations to remember. I also click the tiles on the edges last as well for the same reason. The first thing I do is try to remember the tiles in the center or away from the edges.

Comment

This game is similar to Monster Garden, which I find is more enjoyable due to the graphics and animation, but is more difficult than Memory Matrix.

Comment

I've found that listening to music while playing the memory games tends to get better results. I don't know if music stimulates memory somehow, but it works for me.

Comment

I figured out something.I was playing memory Matrix.I really dislike that one but I that's the score I follow and what I need to work on. I was doing poorly so played 4 times before I came close to old scores.well my memory score took a dive so at least for memory all those scores count not just the one you finish with. I do so well with Faces, and tidal Treasures and my score was steadily increasing until this. Darn.

Comment

• Evan
            Evan commented
            Editing a comment
            If you want to "practice" and not have low scores figure into your overall scores, get out of the screen at the last second. I use the 5 second warning.

One evening last month, I let a group of friends try my games. Of course, since they were new to the games and either chose the easiest levels, or crashed and burned at the higher levels, "my" scores plummeted. But it was a great thing! Since then, I have stopped looking at my cumulative scores and just play to do my best and get the exercise. It's quite liberating. I recommend it to all. Are you playing Lumosity to "win", or are you playing it to keep your mental game as sharp as you can? If the latter, scores don't really matter. Right?

Comment

Hi all. Please steer the topic back towards tips for the memory games. Thanks.

I rate the memory games from easiest to hardest to be: Skyrise (yes, I consider this a memory game), memory matrix, pinball recall, memory match, memory match overdrive. Then I play the games in the order from the easiest to hardest. That way, my memory is progressively challenged, so by the time I hit the most difficult game, my memory has already been sufficiently warmed up. There is no way I would play Memory Match Overdrive first.
            I am a moderator in this community

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x