Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with memory match!

Help, please. I stink at Memory Match. Do y'all have any hints? I say the name of the next shape to myself as it slides into the leftmost slot, but it still doesn't go well. I seldom break 1000 on that game.

It kind of reminds me of how I was with Penguin Pursuit in the beginning. It took me forever to understand _how_ to get past level 3 on that one, but now I routinely break 100K on my scores. That might not impress you, but it still seems like magic to me. I just have the feeling that I need to grasp a fundamental technique & MM will bust open similarly.

I have finally had a decent score in memory match. All I can say is persevere. I try to push myself to get a top 5 score in every game I play, so sometimes I'm there for an hour. I am trying to remember is something is in a corner (or not), if there is a shape, remember some "v" shapes as either mountains or valleys. Hang in there!

Comment

I wish I could help you, but my ability in Memory Match et al sucks. However, i'm fab at Familiar Faces and Tidal Treasures and Face Memory workout.

Comment

Originally posted by azeroth View Post
        I have finally had a decent score in memory match. All I can say is persevere. I try to push myself to get a top 5 score in every game I play, so sometimes I'm there for an hour. I am trying to remember is something is in a corner (or not), if there is a shape, remember some "v" shapes as either mountains or valleys. Hang in there!
        Thanks for your reply. I blocked Familiar Faces because I have mild-to-moderate prosopagnosia so it would be better titled Familiar Fashion for me. I haven't played Face Match, but it would likely be the same. Tidal Treasures takes way too long, so I only play it on "get 30 points" weeks to keep my score down so it's easier to beat.

Comment

At first I scored poorly in this game because I tried to remember the shapes, but once I just remembered the colors, my scores improved quite a lot. If you try to remember the shape, you need time to focus on the shape, whereas you can see the color just from peripheral vision, so you don't lose any time focusing.

Comment

I appreciate hearing that people are struggling! I struggle with Penguin Pursuit, too. Just cannot get acclimated to the changes. Maybe someday.... I just keep trying...

Comment

Originally posted by PaulBenne View Post
              At first I scored poorly in this game because I tried to remember the shapes, but once I just remembered the colors, my scores improved quite a lot. If you try to remember the shape, you need time to focus on the shape, whereas you can see the color just from peripheral vision, so you don't lose any time focusing.
              I totally agree. Memory match does have a speed component and colors are easier to remember than shapes (at least for me). Using peripheral vision to see colors got me my highest score.

Comment

• PaulBenne
                PaulBenne commented
                Editing a comment
                That is awesome pc!

In Penguin Pursuit, go as fast as you can before it changes direction, and then remember it's counter-intuitive at that point, so if you want to hit the left button, do the right one; if you want to go up, go down until it switches again. Can't really help with Memory Match.

Comment

I prefer to play Face Memory Workout. It's nice to see faces.

Comment

In the old version of Penguin Pursuit I turn my cordless keyboard I have for my laptop in the direction, right or left they want you to be going. Then follow the arrow keys accordingly. I can't figure out the new version of Penguin Pursuit.

Comment

HI all. The topic of this thread is Memory Match, so can we please steer it away from Penguin Pursuit and back to Memory Match? Thanks!
                    I am a moderator in this community

Comment

I like to warm up my memory by playing fun memory games first, such as Skyrise and Pinball recall. Then I'm ready to take on MM.

Comment

Getting good sleep always works for me. And coffee. Meditation too. I think you can build your memory muscle by playing this game often.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x