Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with Familiar Faces...

Question, maybe not... I seen mention of a 50 dollar tip... FAMILIAR FACES... maybe I can help you and I can cheat a little. I have a reallllly hard time with names and OFTEN call someone the wrong one and not know the difference or understand why they aren't looking at me when I call them, or giving me a funny face... so this game drives me nuts. Now I see the "clients" RETURN and I'm expected to know their stinkin' names? uh oh.

One of my favorite helpers for this game, is to recall all of the characters after a scene.

Comment

Keep playing, it's more valuable for your memory.

You can create a story liked to each character and linked the name with someone you know in reality or movies/books, use your imagination!

Comment

My tip is to play this game at least 3 times a week in order to retain the names in your brain.

Comment

Long ago it seems, waaaay back, I memorized all the names and faces, wrote the names down actually with a tip about each one. That helped immensely - now I know all of them, never look at my notes and wish they would add new ones. You'll get there.

Comment

Thank you for the replies. 2 times ago when I played is when I finally realized I'm supposed to recall their darn names for next time. There are 6 characters and I need more than double my score to get to the next level... I SUCK AT THIS GAME.

Comment

I associate the people with people I know. So if Robert looks like a Robert I remember that name and so on.

Comment

There's no rush, just keep playing and enjoy the scene, talking out loud helps too.

Comment

It's one of the games I am worst at, mostly because I only see it about once a month and can never remember the names at that point. I'm just going to have to bite the bullet one day and play it over and over until I get the people's names remembered.

Comment

It's a game I should practice because I am horrible at remembering names irl.

Comment

• Evan
                      Evan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Me too.

Got a score of 107,000 on Familiar Faces. One name wrong. Here are name hints, Max has his arms crossed, like the letter X at the end of his name. Patricia and Maria are both blondes, and both cute, Patricia with the longer hair has the longer name. Maria, shorter hair, shorter name.
                    Gary wears the white shirt and black vest, white and black make gray, gray is similar to Gary.

Comment

• HappyKlown
                      HappyKlown commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I try not to associate the name to anything more than the face and the general appearance of the head to better force myself to train.

Played Familiar Faces and got all the names right and orders right, my score was 110400.

Comment

• bumpstock
                      bumpstock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's as high a score as you can get - I have been getting that for months. I think it's about time Lumosity added some new faces and orders.

• LumosLaura
                      LumosLaura commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yup, that's the highest achievable score. I think we have been considering revamping some of our Classic games, but I can't say for absolute certain. It would be great to recreate Familiar Faces and give it a new look and higher levels!

I have tips to remember who is who in Familiar Faces.

Men whose name starts with M wear red. Michael has a red necktie, Mason has a red T shirt, Max wears a red shirt and his arms are crossed like the letter X in his name. RYAN has a RUST color necktie. There is also a Nolan. Confusing for a baseball fan of Nolan Ryan the great pitcher.

Comment

• PaulBenne
                      PaulBenne commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I did not notice this! Nice tip!

Fun fact: Some of the characters in Familiar Faces are real Lumos employees (past and present!) Helps me to better remember them since I see them in the office every day!
                    Lumosity Community Manager

Comment

• HappyKlown
                      HappyKlown commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's awesome.

Originally posted by LumosLaura View Post
                    Fun fact: Some of the characters in Familiar Faces are real Lumos employees (past and present!) Helps me to better remember them since I see them in the office every day!
                    That would totally freak me out (in a good way)...say hi to your colleagues in the office, then serve them food in the game!

Comment

• LumosLaura
                      LumosLaura commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Haha yeah, it can be quite strange!

• AnnaBanana
                      AnnaBanana commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hehehe!
                  Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x