X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think?

So, what do you all think of this game?

I only played it a few times when it first came out because it was buggy on both the phone and computer and had no sound. That really made for a poor user experience, which is a shame because the concept was good. I'll give it another go to see if things have improved.

Comment

I am not a fan of this game...same with halve your cake.

Comment

• pinkcat
        pinkcat commented
        Editing a comment
        Same.

I don't like math games.

Comment

I've played it maybe 5 times in total. Probably won't play it much in the future. What is your opinion about this game, Gore?

Comment

To me, the language that's used is confusing.
          I'm not sure if it still has bugs as Evan has said, but sometimes it does seem as though the answers given are incorrect. I've had the answer page (the one that shows you the correct answer if you've missed it) come up blank. That is buggy, so if there's one there may be others.

That’s why I asked… I was wondering if anyone else has had these experiences .

Comment

• raisedbyrats
            raisedbyrats commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds like the original bugs still remain. Do you have an example or screenshot of an incorrect answer? This game was poorly implemented when it was first released as 'Early Access'.

• Gore
            Gore commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't have a screenshot, but I played it this morning and an answer was definitely wrong, there's no doubt in my mind.
            That's the last time I'll play it.

• Evan
            Evan commented
            Editing a comment
            I got all my answers correct when I played yesterday, so I haven't encountered wrong answers, although I am pretty sure there were wrong answers when this game was launched. If I had to make a guess, I'd say that Lumosity fixed the website version, but still have not fixed the phone/tablet version.

Okay, I've tried it on the computer, and here is my verdict: Not good. The bugs seemed to have been ironed out (at least on the web-based version), and there are sound effects now. Before there were problems with adding and deleting cards from the table.

The problem is that whereas before Magic Chance wasn't particularly challenging before, now it is too challenging for the masses. The reason is because Lumosity has added a "Twice in a Row" condition, and to solve this requires fractions multiplying with fractions, and generally higher level mathematics. I am guessing 80% - 90% of the population won't be able to play this game, including primary and most secondary school students, most adults and seniors (maybe I have an erroneous view of the level of mathematics the general population is capable of) .

It appears that Lumosity realized that the game was at first too easy and decided to add "Twice in a Row" as a second thought. I don't find this game fun, so I won't be playing it again any time soon.
          Last edited by Evan; 09-24-2018, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• Gore
            Gore commented
            Editing a comment
            Up to a certain point the game did seem too easy, now I know why.
            By adding in the new rule it has become a very uneven gave... It has no flow.
            Add that to knowing for sure the games answer was wrong this morning and that equals me not playing it again.
            That a shame though, I like the concept.

• Gore
            Gore commented
            Editing a comment
            I forgot to mention... I am playing the app version.

• Evan
            Evan commented
            Editing a comment
            Uneven is a good word to describe this game.

Could you please explain this one to meEvan?

Comment

Oops... here the screenshot.

Comment

• Evan
              Evan commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry Gore, I can't explain this one. I haven't played this game in at least 6 months, but when I was, I believe that there were bugs so that some answers were incorrect.

• Gore
              Gore commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Evan
              I sure couldn't make sense of it.

What's wrong with the screenshot?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Frown :( Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            widgetinstance 503 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

Working...
            X