Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• progress!

I finally got all the stars on round 3 on Word Bubbles Rising! I play the Classic games for the nostalgia! In general, I have a harder time coming up with short words than longer ones, so as my bonus words I typed something like monumentally rather than moms! Still, it's my personal best. Whoopee!

Good job! Bravo!

Comment

Glad you made it. It's so gratifying when you get past something like that. It feels like such a milestone, and even if you don't repeat it right away, you know a repeat is something to look forward to. That clock goes super fast when you're trying to rack up stars!

Comment

If you have a paper, not online dictionary, you can look up all of the words that start with the given root letters. It will not be of much help during the game itself, but may be helpful in improving your scores in future games. For it to be beneficial, you will have to have memorized some of the words. The memorization improves your memory function. And isn't this why we are playing the games?

Comment

Originally posted by HappyKlown View Post
          If you have a paper, not online dictionary, you can look up all of the words that start with the given root letters. It will not be of much help during the game itself, but may be helpful in improving your scores in future games. For it to be beneficial, you will have to have memorized some of the words. The memorization improves your memory function. And isn't this why we are playing the games?
          You can do that with most online dictionaries as well; there's typically a link for "next word" or something on that line.

Comment

Those classic games do have their charms.

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Comment

I loved playing Word Bubbles on my desktop and was happy to see it come up as an iPad game. But there's a problem. It doesn't list the words you have already used. I end up wasting a lot of time repeating myself. Plus I use those words as a base to come up with new words (such as adding an "s" or changing the suffix to "ing"). I just don't enjoy it as it is now.

Comment

• HappyKlown
                  HappyKlown commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree! So I play WB on the computer.
              Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x