Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This game's scoring is bugged.

I noticed that when you finish 11 robots, the last 3k is not added to your score. It wasn't just once either, I finish 11 robots about 90% of the time and it's always the same bug.

In fact, my top score is one where I only finished 10 robots.

On another note, I hate how this site gives so little information on some games. Why can't we get a proper explanation of how the scoring works? What is the punishment for hitting a bad piece? How do I get pieces to come out faster? It appears that the main goal should be to finish as many robots as possible, given how they are 3k points each which is very significant. Yet we get no information on how to achieve this goal.

And don't tell me "be faster". The difference between 500ms and 400ms reaction time is very minimal and is not going to be the deciding factor on whether you finish another robot or not, especially when sometimes you're waiting a full second for any pieces to come up.

Just finished 12 robots and last 2 didn't count, that's pretty ridiculous.

Comment

There may be several explanations:
      1. My understanding is that sometimes scores and LPI get "stuck" or have some type of error, and in this case, you will need to contact Lumosity and get them to have a look into your account. Sometimes they can do something on their end to kickstart your scores.
      2. Flash is being phased out, so Lumosity is in the process of converting the Flash games to HTML5. If the games you are inquiring about have already been converted to HTML5, then there may be bugs in the new code.
      3. There may be errors in the old Flash code that haven't been fixed.
      I am a moderator in this community

Comment

• Zweal
        Zweal commented
        Editing a comment
        1 just sounds a bit too good to be true, but could maybe also explain why my Problem Solving LPI is not 2000, despite hitting it on 4 out of 5 games.

I contacted them a while ago when I just joined with some questions but never heard back from them though. Doubt they'll ever look into this .

• LumosLaura
        LumosLaura commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sorry about not receiving a message from us, Zweal! testuser is on the right track with #1. Our scoring can be a little odd sometimes, and errors do occur within the scoring mechanics because of the way they're designed. Our support team can definitely look deeper into your account for you. Try writing to us again here: https://help.lumosity.com/hc/en-us/requests/new (Careful *not* to use the feedback option, as those requests don't receive a direct response from our support team!)

#2 is also accurate! Because we have to rewrite _all_ of the game, there are some scoring issues that appear. Luckily, our engineers are aware of this and they try to keep an eye out for any oddities.

For Robot Factory specifically, if the correct response is entered in less than 210 milliseconds (ms), you'll earn 500 points. If the correct response is entered between 210 and 1100ms, you'll earn 100-500 points. If the correct response is entered in more than 1100ms, you'll earn 100 points. For every incorrect part avoided, you will earn 750 points. For every robot created you will earn an additional 3000 points. The speed at which the parts appear is based on your performance in the previous game.

The game's levels are adaptive. You also start 10 levels lower than your previous level.

• Zweal
        Zweal commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome LumosLaura, appreciate the in depth explanation! I will shoot a message to the support team :-)

• AnnaBanana
        AnnaBanana commented
        Editing a comment
        LumosLaura CEO of customer service

Any problems that you have with the games, contact Lumosity. They won't the problems exist unless people let them know. As for the calculation of the scores, it's always been a mystery to myself. Especially when bonus points are thrown in. But I am not sure if Lumosity wants to overwhelm people with details about the scoring ie. penalties for making mistakes. But at the end of the day, everybody is under the same scoring system, so no one really has an advantage. But as testuser mentioned, you might need Lumosity to have a closer look at your account to see if there are any problems.

Comment

• Zweal
        Zweal commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah you're definitely right it technically doesn't matter. But it does punish people who take it more seriously and want to achieve something. (I just mean in the game, definitely not saying that getting 2000 LPI on a game is anything meaningful in general)

I respect everyone who just wants to play & enjoy the games. I just get satisfaction from reaching the maximum of my capabilities, so being in the dark about how things work is quite frustrating sometimes.

Your pursuit of high scores is relentless hahaha

Comment

• Zweal
        Zweal commented
        Editing a comment
        I tend to get carried away with games like these :-)
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x