Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebb and flow

I got this score about a year ago when I had premium membership. I haven’t been able to beat it. Any advice?

Wowsers! That is quite a high score. Maybe it's YOU that should be giving us advice!

Comment

That is a fantastic score. It looks like you play on the phone or tablet. I always get better scores (but not as good as yours) when I am playing on the computer. My reaction times for this game and lost in migration are quicker using a keyboard than swiping a phone screen.

Comment

I am terrible at this game, so I really don't have any advice. Good job with that score though.

Comment

Welcome to the community.

This is one of the few Lumosity games where I believe that no strategies exist. The people with the fastest reflexes will get the highest score. It is essentially a speed game. Having said that, as someone has already mentioned, a keyboard may get better results. Pressing down on a key with a finger is quicker than swiping left or right with a finger (which also involves some wrist motion as well).

Comment

Thank you so much everyone. I appreciate it. Happy thanksgiving!

Comment

• raisedbyrats
              raisedbyrats commented
              Editing a comment
              Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

I will try the game on my laptop. I never played on the computer before.

Comment

• Evan
              Evan commented
              Editing a comment
              There are a lot more games when playing on the computer (via the Lumosity website). Not all Lumosity games get transferred to the phone app.

So good!

Comment

I do better at Ebb and Flow by swiping on my tablet, but considerably better with Lost in Migration on a PC keyboard.
              I would be very pleased to get as much as 100 leaves. I just hit 80 the last time I played.

Congratulations on getting 133, that takes some mighty fast reflexes.

Comment

That is a ridiculously high score! Like Gore, I was pleased to get 80 leaves once.

Comment

i am quite skeptical with your score , I got about 43K as best on PC , and if i wanted to optimize the game, i could potentially do it but i don`t see it going as far as 64K. I don't see how somebody would get 64K unless i am missing somethink. It is certainly not possible to get 64K on PC . I don`t know the phone version and i have never played it, but i am interested to see your score on PC please write me a PM and have a chat if you're still around . I am interested to talk with you. I do not trust your score.
                  Last edited by AleeXXtolio^; 11-29-2018, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• AleeXXtolio^
                    AleeXXtolio^ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If you have done this score as i do not believe it is legitimate, i would proof call your score to provide evidence of at least a score that is close to that (55-60K ? ) as though i do not trust your score unless you provide evidence.
                    Last edited by AleeXXtolio^; 11-29-2018, 10:03 PM.

• Evan
                    Evan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have seen someone post a screenshot of their tablet for ebb & flow on instagram:

143 leaves: 64400
                    Past best: 141 leaves: 62400

Personally, my best on my phone is 99 leaves: 42650

Scoring can be vastly different between the games when played on the pc vs phone/tablet.

• AleeXXtolio^
                    AleeXXtolio^ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    from my experience of trying to optimize this game (only on PC), i do not see how it is possible someone have gotten 64K. i will be happy to be proven wrong nevertheless. I am aware that the phone is different and that there could be a slight advantage using the phone over PC for this game (since swiping is faster than pressing), but i still do not believe it is that much of an advantage. Perhaps the scoring is different that i am not aware of ? Or else i do not see how that score is possible ; I would want to challenge those folks to try the game on PC or provide proof of their
                    score. And BTW, you are saying 143 leaves is 64400 in the instagram screenshot, in this screenshot we have 131 Leaves at the same score, so which is the valid one ? Keep in mind people can easily photoshop their pictures and edit the numbers to present a higher score.

@AleeXXtolio^ You can always watch YouTube videos of people playing this game on the tablet and PC. The MyLumoLife channel has videos of the game played on phone, tablet and PC. Also, I believe (but have no idea) that the scoring is based on the number of orange or green leaves in each game. So say two games are played and the total number of leaves successfully completed 140, but say in one game there were 70 orange leaves, and in the other there were 85 orange leaves, the score would be different. I've seen this type of scoring happen in other games ie. star search.

Comment

I think the information for the leaves is just different between the phone and the pc, as it is for a lot of these games, however everybody's final scores are the same. as it was with the argument in organic order, and it seems for star search as well. tolio doesn't believe you can get 141 leaves or whatever, because on the pc it equates to around 86-91, never played on the phone, or ipad, but it seems that it inflates the overall number compared to the pc, however your overall scores remain the same as the pc.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x