No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a speed game?

I have no idea how to get 2k LPI on this, I keep getting the same levels and it's basically just a speed game to try and click a second faster than last time to beat my score...

Pretty ridiculous honestly, if you get a level with 20 paths you basically just need to start over & hope for shorter levels with 5, 6 or 7 path clicks...

This cannot be how the game was intended...

The shortest level is 5 moves and I couldn't get the timer higher than 485. This means the absolute maximum score for this game has to be 7425, and that's if you get the 5 move level 5 times in a row which probably has been programmed to be impossible.

This is very disappointing, why is a clearly bugged old game like this still counting towards my overall problem solving LPI? This means I can literally never get 2000 overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Zweal View Post

This is very disappointing, why is a clearly bugged old game like this still counting towards my overall problem solving LPI?
      This brings up a good point. Will the classic games be converted to HTML5? If not, will their scores and LPIs still contribute towards the LPI for the individual categories and the overall LPI?

And there are elements of different categories in every game. So a speed game could also require attention. Or a problem solving game could also require speed. Sometimes I think the categorization of some games are not accurate - a speed game feels much more like an attention game, for example.

Lastly, please be aware that if you continue to make posts to complain or vent about the scores and LPI of individual games, it will wear down the community and you will get less and less replies.
      Last edited by testuser; 07-10-2020, 08:57 AM.
      I am a moderator in this community

Comment

• Zweal
        Zweal commented
        Editing a comment
        Not to sound rude or offensive, but this community doesn't seem overly active to begin with and I don't think I'm being overly negative, rather than passionate.

Of course a problem solving game can also require speed, but if you play the game and get to the last level you'll see that it's literally about clicking a second faster or slower to impact your score, since the levels are always the same so you know them by heart. And like I said, some levels require so many moves you know beforehand you can't get a good score, despite playing perfect.

Pirate Passage has the same issue, but at least that game just "ends", you get your 2000 LPI and it gives a feeling of completion.

• kiwi1001
        kiwi1001 commented
        Editing a comment
        actually a lot of people in this community are very dedicated, play multiple times a week, and don't just play for lpi scores. they aren't here for a couple of months to get 2000 lpi in as many games as they can, as if that accomplishes anything, and then move on after they are bored in a couple months. not to sound rude or offensive.

I don't think it's possible for Lumosity to address every single problem with their games (especially the really old ones). They have to split their resources on other important things like rent, IT and salaries etc. The best you can do is let them know about the problems. But I suspect if you contact them too much, they will eventually start to ignore your messages haha

Comment

• Zweal
        Zweal commented
        Editing a comment
        There just seems to be 0 reason to let the old games count towards your current rating, so it's a very easy fix.

And I'm doing exactly that, in what I believe is a very respectful manner. I have only contacted the support once and they got back to me right away.

On this forum I'm a little more "frustrated" but isn't that what a forum is for? In every single game forum I've been in the past, the community (players) band together, discuss scores, complain about bugs & issues and help each other improve. It's always an us (players) vs them (developers) kind of environment.

I guess this forum is different if complaining about bugs or imbalanced scoring is considered too negative.
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x