Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chimpanzees are better than humans at Observation Tower

I can sometimes get to 7 numbers and got to 8 numbers once. Chimps can consistently do 9 numbers. Maybe they can do way more numbers if the game had more.

That's freaking amazing! HAIL CEZAR

Comment

Originally posted by Foolish Mortal View Post
      That's freaking amazing! HAIL CEZAR

Comment

• PaulBenne
        PaulBenne commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice one.

A long time ago I saw some videos on YouTube of gorillas being taught sign language at a young age and using it in old age. Primates are highly intelligent.

Comment

• Foolish Mortal
        Foolish Mortal commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought there was an interesting relationship between how exercise raises cognition skills temporarily and has additional long term benefits with how chimpanzees, bonobos, etc are generally far stronger and more fit than humans. Simultaneously they also have the inability to control their muscle strengths in a more precise manner due to their muscles being much closer to the actual bone (also cause for higher muscle density though) with also affiliated lack of inhibitory responses even despite consciously knowing a counterproductive action has been done previously. Additional support was how that was actually remedied by introducing a third medium of logical thought (numbers) probably not yet tied instinctively. - That is a chimpanzee that had a vocabulary of 3000 human words, and having good understanding of what they all meant couldn't stop himself in choosing a dish with more "treats" when the human kept asking which one between he'd rather not prefer (then the dish was replaced with numbers and asked the same question - this time choosing the lower number).

• pinkcat
        pinkcat commented
        Editing a comment
        Foolish Mortal I wonder what would be the result of cross mating a human and a chimpanzee. Maybe the offspring could do physics and swing from trees.

pinkcat That is an interesting thought...
      ‚Äč

Comment

"One possible theory...chimpanzees care more than humans about peanuts". Hahaha.

Comment

• Evan
          Evan commented
          Editing a comment
          It got a laugh out of me!

I wonder if they have tried this with other animals? Maybe even try to get a chimp to speak simple words? If a parot can vocalise words with a beak, surely a chimp can say something? Fascinating stuff!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x