No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I struggle with trouble brewing

I do OK in the Memory cognitive area, but with Trouble Brewing (which I know isn't a Memory game), I really struggle to remember the "ingredients" (coffee/chocolate/sugar) and numbers (1 or 2) switching between rooms quickly. Does anyone have a secret to doing this that works for them ... that they're willing to share? (We're not competing ... are we? )

My only strategy is to do singles in one room and doubles in another so that they finish at the same time and I'm not switching back and forth too often.

Comment

• AnnaBanana
      AnnaBanana commented
      Editing a comment
      This is my strategy too!

Originally posted by baby_yoda View Post
    My only strategy is to do singles in one room and doubles in another so that they finish at the same time and I'm not switching back and forth too often.
    Sorry ... don't follow....

Comment

• baby_yoda
      baby_yoda commented
      Editing a comment
      If you are doing singles and doubles in the same room they will finish at different times so you are constantly switching back and forth to prevent overspill and you can't start as many cups.

Are you saying, for example, view the singles, fill those and while those are filling, go back and view the doubles and fill those?

Comment

• baby_yoda
      baby_yoda commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I am.

It worked, baby_yoda, on the second try! Thanks! I finally made Level 6, 24 cups after being stuck on 20 cups for months. And that returned me to my all-time overall high LPI exactly (1305) after a months-long drop.

Comment

I don't have a strategy, just fill whatever order I can see while switching between windows. Seems to work best for me!

Comment

The double orders take longer, but you don't get any more points than the single orders. So do as many singles as you can first, then do doubles when you run out.

Comment

I have been stuck on level 9 for a long time. I always get 35, occasionally 37, but haven't made it to the required 40. First, I ignore that extra room because I can't manage to get back and forth without something overflowing. Here's how I break it down: Initially, I wait to see all the cups. I have firmly divided in my head the white ones from the brown ones. Two white options, three brown ones. I always think of the same thing in terms of one or two. For example, I will think to myself regarding the cream, one, one, two, and sugar, one, two, two and then I go do that. I make sure I have at least 6 in my head like that. As soon as they are full, I go look for another easy pattern, like bar, one, one, one. When those are done, go back. I had the worst trouble with the curl and the bar because they are both chocolate, right? So, I call them curl and bar to myself. Once you tell yourself, there are two colors, five choices, and they are all one or two, you can develop a memorization system. Midstream, you go in and say, ok, what is there a lot of? There will typically be at least three of something identical at this level, so sugar, two, two, two.

Comment

• bumpstock
            bumpstock commented
            Editing a comment
            I like your strategies! Will try some myself next time I get this game!

I do singles, followed by double, then single, then double...repeat. That way, you usually end up with only singles or doubles (for a short while), so you can very quickly make those because they are essentially repetition of the same type of order.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
            It worked, baby_yoda, on the second try! Thanks! I finally made Level 6, 24 cups after being stuck on 20 cups for months. And that returned me to my all-time overall high LPI exactly (1305) after a months-long drop.
            Me again! After yesterday's good news, 'fraid I mite give up on Trouble Brewing. Didn't know they were going to add an ingredient (whipped cream) and, I think a cup, plus start in the ingredient room. Restarted about five times because I was messing up so badly with overflows, wrong ingredients, etc. Finally gave up and changed to Trains. All ended well ... got my highest score ever tracking there.

Comment

• baby_yoda
              baby_yoda commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm so sorry. I realize now why I confused you with the rooms. I didn't know which level you were on. At higher levels there are two rooms on either side of the ingredients room. You'll get there - I have faith in you!

Oh, and thanks for all the replies! Very helpful!

Comment

Maybe that's what threw me. I didn't realize there were two rooms in addition to the ingredients room. Perhaps I'll try, try again ... on a "brave day." Thanks, yoda!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x