Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please give me tips and tricks for Star Search?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please give me tips and tricks for Star Search?

Stuck at level 160 and desperately need help to progress! Thank you!

I am only at level 140, so maybe you can give me some advice?

Comment

I have reached level 200 from playing the free daily games. Here are some tips I can share, based on my observations.
      • If you see many spinning objects of a specific shape, immediately look for a piece of that specific shape that is not spinning.
      • If you see thin shapes (they closely resemble an I), immediately look for a shape that is orientated at a different angle.
      • Shapes with vertical stripes are easy to spot, when they have stripes when they shouldn't. Shapes that DON'T have stripes when they should are also easy to spot. I find stripes to be the easiest pattern to discern.
      • Similar to the above point, shapes that have the wrong color also stand out and are easy to spot quickly.
      • Don't over-analyze situations, especially at the high levels. You may have an expectation that a particular set of objects is complicated, but the anomalous object may just be a different colored shape in the corner of the set. If you expect complications, then you will over-scrutinize many of the objects and that will be time consuming.
      Star Search is a game where familiarity with the game, by playing it often and being observant, can lead to it's mastery. Sometimes the set patterns repeat in the following rounds, so you intuitively know what to look for.

Comment

This game tests attention but depends more on thinking speed. At some point people will be limited by their speed.

Comment

I think it's all about pattern recognition, look for a color pattern, shape pattern, rotation pattern, stripe pattern, anything that looks the same, then the opposite one will pop out, and that's the one you click. at first I was always clicking the one right next to it as well. but once you realize what you are looking for, you train your brain to look for the pattern and the opposite one sticks out like a sore thumb eventually. it takes a lot of time and pattern recognition.

Comment

Someone explained to me how gears work, how they work against each other so it was a matter of looking for the moving piece that was 'going' against the rest. I practiced and practiced and eventually was able to spot it - most of the time. It has taken me 15 months to reach 180 in Star Search. Be careful, tho', the time can sneak up on you - I cancel out of the game before time runs out if it's a lower score. It's so difficult to work my way back up. It is, perhaps, my favorite game.

Comment

I like how star search adds new things to keep you thinking. I am bouncing around 138 to 142.

Comment

I'm at level 137... I'm glad you asked this question. There are a lot of good tips here.
                I like the idea of looking at the spinning objects as gears. I can definitely work with that.
                I'd say practicing for a good amount of time would be the most beneficial for me. I've put in a lot of time on other games I thought I'd never beat... and it has payed off.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Wink ;) Smile :) Big Grin :D Frown :( Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x