Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This game is weird

I am a musician and I know I have a particularly good rhythmic ability. however, the Lumosity Feel The Beat game is crazy. I can get 100 per cent or 0 per cent for the same level. A bit of a weird one I think?

I have yet to come across this game. What category is it under? I guess I'll see it one of these days. I've only had time to play the games they throw at me.

Comment

I agree. I am a dancer, and also have trouble w/ it...

Comment

I did Feel The Beat for a while...as with any other game, it gets more difficult and the rhythm gets more intricate. You are supposed to use your space bar - a really good way to wear it out - and I don't think the space bar is equipped to handle the more difficult rhythms.

Comment

I am a musician. I tried it several times and hated it. It should be voted off the island.

Comment

I thought I had a good sense of rhythm - this is nuts - off my list.

Comment

I personally don't have any problems with this game, but it doesn't really interest me. I played it when it first came out. The 80's theme is cool. But after a while I lost interest. Pressing a single button repeatedly kinda feels moronic.

Comment

I tried it when it first came and was rewarded with a high score several times. Then I went back to it recently and found I could not hit a beat right... from very good to missing every beat... I also tried to hit the bar earlier, later etc to figure out if it was a lag regarding my keyboard. Not a hit... well, maybe one out of four. And this on the easy beats. (I was a soloist and a conductor once, not particularly outstanding, but perhaps I am still more than average experienced with music). The attention games are my strongest and this game actually worked fine for me - until something changed. Is it me or the game? Well, if so many find they cannot get the results they ought to get, it should be reported and fixed. Because the game is fun when it works...

Comment

I played the drums in school and have been playing the guitar for 44 years, so I think I have pretty good sense of rhythm.
                  I played this quite a bit when it first hit early access, but haven't played for months now. I liked it until I got to the upper levels... That's where it gets really ridiculous. Just trying to get in on the first beat gets to be a very difficult task.
                  I couldn't beat level 10 on the app and couldn't get past 11 on the PC... The PC seems a bit easier for me because of using a keyboard.
                  I just had a look at the app version and it seems they enlarged the drum and cymbal buttons... doesn't seem like that would help much.
                  I sent a lot of suggestions to Lumosity that I thought would improve this game, but have yet to see any... but to be fair, I haven't played for 6months. I'll have to check it out sometime soon.

Comment

• bumpstock
                    bumpstock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You can try communicating with Lumosity via Twitter. They used to reply to a lot of comments directed at them on Twitter.

• Gore
                    Gore commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks bumpstock

I don't consider Feel The Beat to be a 'game'. It's not enjoyable at all like Train of Thought, Penguin Pursuit or Playing Koi. Having said that, I think Beat does have a place in Lumosity's brain training arsenal. I haven't played it in months though.

Comment

• bumpstock
                    bumpstock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've never enjoyed playing FTB. Nothing fun about it at all.
                Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Wink ;) Smile :) Big Grin :D Frown :( Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x