Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just started playing Eagle Eye

I am liking it so far, but the bird looks too similar to the other objects that are meant to be distracting. Same colour, size and general shape, so a bit difficult to distinguish out of the corner of my eye.

I agree. I think they need to make the shapes a square or triangle or oval. At the speed at which everything flashes on the screen, it is still not easy to distinguish between them.

Comment

It is a challenging game, especially when the bird flashes on a lighter-colored background. I try to play it in a room that is not too brightly lit.

Also, it's a good idea to relax and not "look too hard." It's about location, not sharpness. I've learned to trust my intuition. When I've tried to fine-tune to exact location, I've actually missed more than I would have had I trusted my intuition.

Comment

Am i slow witted or not? After playing eagle eye for some time i just noticed that the bird image is constant for each round. has anyone noticed that? has everyone noticed that? Here's a tip: I find that the sun image is the easiest one to miss. That is because it has an 8 fold symmetry. If you are not sure of what the central image was then it is likely it was the sun image.

Comment

• raisedbyrats
          raisedbyrats commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Anna, I don't know what you mean by "constant for each round." Constant in what manner? Please elaborate a bit.

• AnnaBanana
          AnnaBanana commented
          Editing a comment
          The bird's shape remains exactly the same for each round. I refer to a round as a scene. I mean during the waterfall scene the bird has a shape and it keeps that shape. When you switch to the mountain scene the bird has a new shape and it keeps that shape as you play the mountain scene.

• raisedbyrats
          raisedbyrats commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the elaboration, Anna. But, right or wrong, I rarely divert my eyes (or am fast enough to) from the center to the bird. I concentrate on the center and hope to pick up the bird's position with my peripheral vision. This is hardly conducive to noticing any change in the bird's shape.

I for one had not noticed this, so thanks Anna for the tip. I have a tough time with this "new" Eagle Eye. I was never real good with the original version, but now with the new version, my Game LPI scores tend to run 200-300 points lower than with the previous Eagle Eye.

Comment

I am partially blind so I gave up on this game (I have damage to one of my optic nerves and I have a lot of blind spots..... the very thing you need in this game).

Comment

I still have not played this game yet on the daily games. It looks like a lot of fun! =)

Comment

DirkFrances That is the point

Comment

• DirkFrances
                DirkFrances commented
                Editing a comment
                So true! Haha.

O.K., who was it who suggested lowering the resolution on Eagle Eye? I did and got the best score I have had in months...thank you, thank you!

Comment

• pinkcat
                pinkcat commented
                Editing a comment
                How do you lower the resolution?

• HappyKlown
                HappyKlown commented
                Editing a comment
                I have a MacBoook Air so I went to system preferences, display, I had 3 choices and chose the lower number....which makes the games larger, so it doesn't really for all because you can't get the whole game page in the display especially if you have a fairly small screen.

This reminds me of Eagle Eye's predecessor called 'Bird Watching'. A lot of the Birdwatching points come from my strength with word games. I don't need a whole lot of letters to guess a bird breed, and an accurate early guess is worth a lot of points... Lumosity points will add with every game you play. It's really just a count, and more get added for top 5's. LPI won't change so quickly, especially after the first few months of steady training.

Comment

Is there a reason why Eagle Eye is full screen? I don't like it at all as it slowed me down as my peripheral vision is limited and things are too far apart when all the screen is used.

Comment

• azeroth
                  azeroth commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have no idea why the game is full screen. Maybe they can't fit the game in anything other than full screen?

• LumosLaura
                  LumosLaura commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I checked with our Games team for the answer! Eagle Eye was designed to train one's field of view. So, you'd need a larger field of view to properly train.

I prefer Eagle Eye to Trouble Brewing and Train of Thought because those games are way harder(for me) and cause me more anxiety.

Comment

What is going on with Eagle Eye ? Today it was the only Attention game I played and score was 5000 less than my best score and not even in Top 5 range and yet on the overall results for the days training it showed an increase of + 44 points with a + 0.8% for Attention. I can't understand these results.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x