Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falling LPI and scores due to ageing but I continuing to play Lumosty games

I am struggling so hard to attain success with practically all of the games I play.
    I see that my brain is aging and it is quite depressing.
    HOWEVER, I'm continuing the games because I figure that it can't hurt.

Anyone else feel this way?

Oh yeah, that's why I'm on the site. Gotta keep the brain engaged. But don't do just that. I find that if I'm learning stuff, my brain works better. As far as the games are concerned, think about what is success to you. And make it attainable. If you get it into your head you need to be in the top 5% of all age groups, you'll just hurt yourself. Think, okay, where am I today and where do I want to be next month? It has to be possible. Take into account that some days just trying to play the damn game is doing a lot and don't judge yourself. I think that's key. DON'T JUDGE YOURSELF. When has judging ourselves ever made us work harder? usually we just feel bad.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyKlown View Post
      Oh yeah, that's why I'm on the site. Gotta keep the brain engaged. But don't do just that. I find that if I'm learning stuff, my brain works better. As far as the games are concerned, think about what is success to you. And make it attainable. If you get it into your head you need to be in the top 5% of all age groups, you'll just hurt yourself. Think, okay, where am I today and where do I want to be next month? It has to be possible. Take into account that some days just trying to play the damn game is doing a lot and don't judge yourself. I think that's key. DON'T JUDGE YOURSELF. When has judging ourselves ever made us work harder? usually we just feel bad.

I truly thank you for those comments! I used to feel that way, but over the last year, it started getting to me. You are so right! Exercising those brain cells is more important than winning.

Comment

I began to play Lumosity because I had begun misplacing my keys and glasses a lot. While I was in the free trial period, I entered a contest where you had to write a paragraph about what Lumosity meant to you. My paragraph did not get the I-Pad (the first prize), but I did win a lifetime membership, which I have come to value more. I have been playing every day for close to three years (my current streak is 1064 days). I do not always get great scores. My scores vary depending on time of day, state of mind, emotions. However, I still reap the benefits of daily mental exercise since my memory and general mental awareness have significantly improved. (It has been a while since I have forgotten my keys.) Lumosity has become part of my daily routine.

Comment

I'm over 50 in an industry that usually spits you out in your 40s (computer software). It's really hard to keep up with the young people. I find myself having to decide some things are more important that others. Like I focus on OUR product. Other peoples bugs are just annoying to me. I tell my team "I'm over 50 and I have no patience with everyone else." But that's me, and it's how I can keep going rather than getting spit out. It is in the back of my mind. Someday it may be time to do something different. I'm thinking about it now.

Comment

• raisedbyrats
            raisedbyrats commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm actually considering developing a program to "Take Back Our Age". Finding the fun again. Learning how to learn again. Being more open to weird ideas. I'm thinking about doing it because I really need it....

Keeping your brain busy is a good thing. I have been playing Lumosity games for quite awhile. For me it is fun no matter what my score is.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
            Keeping your brain busy is a good thing. I have been playing Lumosity games for quite awhile. For me it is fun no matter what my score is.
            I used to feel that way until I, however after reading these comments, I do feel better!! Thank you all for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by raisedbyrats View Post
              I'm over 50 in an industry that usually spits you out in your 40s (computer software). It's really hard to keep up with the young people. I find myself having to decide some things are more important that others. Like I focus on OUR product. Other peoples bugs are just annoying to me. I tell my team "I'm over 50 and I have no patience with everyone else." But that's me, and it's how I can keep going rather than getting spit out. It is in the back of my mind. Someday it may be time to do something different. I'm thinking about it now.
              Keep me posted!

Comment

Originally posted by Pamela View Post
                I began to play Lumosity because I had begun misplacing my keys and glasses a lot. While I was in the free trial period, I entered a contest where you had to write a paragraph about what Lumosity meant to you. My paragraph did not get the I-Pad (the first prize), but I did win a lifetime membership, which I have come to value more. I have been playing every day for close to three years (my current streak is 1064 days). I do not always get great scores. My scores vary depending on time of day, state of mind, emotions. However, I still reap the benefits of daily mental exercise since my memory and general mental awareness have significantly improved. (It has been a while since I have forgotten my keys.) Lumosity has become part of my daily routine.
                I also entered the same contest but won nothing! Lucky you! I agree about the benefits of the mental exercise!

Comment

Herbal remedies help and keep practicing. Exercise as well before playing gets blood flow and focus more.

Comment

Some of us are lucky enough to have lifetime membership, so we will play until we die, I suppose.

Comment

• CarlosTheJackal
                      CarlosTheJackal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This is actually true haha! =)

When I retired, I was playing Lumosity everyday. After two years, it felt like something I had to do and I stopped enjoying it. I tried other "brain games" like chess and jigsaw puzzles and really enjoyed them, but I don't play them everyday. As you get older, mix up different games to give yourself some variety. Lumosity is great, but it's not the only option to exercise your brain. I still play it now and then but they haven't come out with a new game in maybe two years, and I've played all the current ones many many times.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x