Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good score for each game?

Greetings to the community! Is there any way to tell if a score you get is a good score for a particular game, rather than for how you do in a certain category (all for your own age group, of course)? I should do an excellent job of all the flexibility vocabulary games as my strongest point is vocabulary and I am a speed typist. but, having made what are probably (?) good scores on those games, I can never seem to exceed them, or very rarely. maybe those particular scores were just freak occurrences? also, do any of you find that the rules for a game change if you've played it a lot? I'm feeling as if I have less opportunities to score in some games as I go along. I've been playing since this February.

I've seen one of those things for some speed fiend on TOT. Good grief! Nearly had a stroke watching it. I console myself that these are young whippersnappers (I am 69). But considering Lumosity's statistics on what a 65+ score would rate if a 25-year old scored it, I have to conclude that most of my brain has gone south, and I'm glad I discovered a way to slow that progression. Happy that Lumosity, and fellow players, are here to keep that at bay.

Comment

You hit plateaus, and sometimes you stay there. I have gotten to Level 10 on my current favorite game, Trouble Brewing, but I usually play on Level 8 or 9, because 10 is just too hard. Have you played the new version of Word Bubbles (not Word Bubbles Rising)? It provides some new challenges, but once you get to the top level, it's pretty ho-hum.

Comment

Bumpstock, do you mean the submarine one? I do play it often, and have the same problem as I do with Word Bubbles Rising. Also, how do you know what's the top level? I often have difficulty figuring out how I got to a certain level. Though I can't remember which ones flummox me, there are a couple that tell you...Level 5!...and you're wondering, how can I go back to level 4 or 3, just to play something calming for a while. Most games I can find how to back up and just play for practice. But some...no. Trouble Brewing is a very slow game for me, so I salute your ability to get so far!

Comment

I don't think there is such thing as good scores, only high scores. People have different capabilities, so a good score is whatever is challenging for them. And a good score for one person might actually be a bad score for someone else.

Comment

• LumosLaura
            LumosLaura commented
            Editing a comment
            That's the sentiment we think is the most important! (Had quite a few discussions about scoring recently at work :P)

Several studies concerning this type of training environment recommend a player to do things like: play the same time every day, and get plenty of sleep. So if there is some day when a score peaks, kinda ask yourself "what am I doing right", and try to do it again.

Comment

• Jon.I
            Jon.I commented
            Editing a comment
            I tend to do that sometimes, it's quite effective

I started these games a while back and then quit. I feel my memory needs to improve though. Do these games really help the mind?

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
          I started these games a while back and then quit. I feel my memory needs to improve though. Do these games really help the mind?
          I believe that they do help the mind. If you go to the gym for a week, don't expect lifelong benefits. Same thing with a brain gym.

Comment

I'm not sure if the games actually help the mind. But they are a clear indicator of how practicing works. They really reinforce the notion that repetition helps, and you CAN improve your mental acuity with a little work. I would say that my brain is better than it was late last year. Sure hope so, anyway!

Comment

A good score would be anything in your top five scores for each game.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyKlown View Post
                A good score would be anything in your top five scores for each game.
                Perfect answer!

Comment

I would like Lumosity to state what are the highest points achieved for each game in each age group. That would give a better guide to how well a subscriber is doing.Thanks.

Comment

• bumpstock
                    bumpstock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Highly unlikely this will happen. That would be hundreds of pieces of information. Why would Lumosity bother?
                Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x