No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• improvement in brain abilities?

Is someone here who uses lumosity a long time feel any difference in the brain capacity? like don't forget thing that you usually forget, or understand complex things more faster? thanks.

Personally, at 69, I don't mind investing a bit of time each day to exercise the brain cells. I think it is documented that that helps, just like walking, as one ages. Am I "smarter"? I doubt it

Comment

I feel my ability to do mental arithmetic has improved a lot. So when I go shopping, I try to add up prices in my head instead of reaching for the calculator app on my phone. Attention seems to have improved as well.

Comment

At 74 I don feel smarter and I'm in my second year with Lumosity. I think is does help to retain what you already have...

Comment

I've been doing Lumosity for about a year and a half. I get better at some of the games; but not others; I have been static in the game with the camera in the suitcase for at least a year. My best game is words bubbles, it's been my best since the beginning. I do the games because I enjoy the challenge and I can see how I do against other people who do Lumosity in other age groups. Do I see an improvement in real life? Yes! My memory is definitely better and my mind seems to be sharper, but I can't say for certain if I can understand complex things quicker.

Comment

I have been doing it for quite some time. It let´s me keep track on how my memory is doing, a slow decline, normal at my age of 72 and a score of 93, by far my lowest of the five

Comment

Like Evan, I am doing arithmetic in my head instead of using a calculator. I can recall names faster too and can multitask better. But whether this is due to Lumosity or something else in my life is anyone's guess. Understand things quicker? No idea about that!

Comment

I have been doing this for 3 years. It has helped me, I have good days and bad but it keeps me busy.

Comment

I haven't played long, only a few months (the free games). Too early to say if my mental functions have improved. My confidence in tackling mental challenges has most certainly improved though.

Comment

I have used earlier Lumosity app. From my late twenties until I have reached my 4th decade of my life, I think learning new things certainly has been taking longer and am pretty slow in my 20’s but it’s getting faster and easier to learn new skills definitely because I can learn to play the piano and read the music books a lot more effortlessly and quickly than before.

Comment

I originally looked at brain training games for my mum, after finding out it helps slow down, or may even prevent dementia! Mom's memory has got bad. She's improving and enjoy it! I decided my loved ones and I should get into it too, so we have.

Comment

• Evan
                        Evan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's good to hear.
                    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x