Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which type of Lumosity player are you?

Which player are you ? The player who just practices getting even better at the games you already excel at OR The player who practices getting better at their weakest games? OR the player who just mixes it all up ?

Hmmmmm. that is a very astute question.

I'm a bit of both - with a stubborn streak to always end what I am playing with at least 2 lumosity points.

Comment

This is a very "score" centric perspective of Lumosity. I look for positive changes in my life's experiences from playing. It's kind of a combination of going to the movies and "I remembered what I wanted at the Supermarket!".

Comment

I sacrify my scores and go for new games to get better training.

Comment

I'm both..love the game...

Comment

• bumpstock
            bumpstock commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah me too I think, I like knowing I can excel in at least one area but also improving my weaknesses to improve my overall percentile.

I play those suggest each day and will pick up ones in beta to give them a try occasionally. I also have two other sites to exercise on plus a few memory challenging games I've picked up from email.

Comment

I used to care about scores bit not now. I just play the games I like and get brain exercise at the same time =)

Comment

I play the games for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                I play those suggest each day and will pick up ones in beta to give them a try occasionally. I also have two other sites to exercise on plus a few memory challenging games I've picked up from email.
                Does anyone know if beta game scores are included in LPI? I like the new language games, but don't know if score is included in LPI. Thanks!

Comment

Does anyone know if beta game scores are included in LPI? I like the new language games, but don't know if score is included in LPI. Thanks!
                  Just opened it to "play" and confirmed: "BETA games are works-in-progress. They don’t affect your LPI, and things like scoring, rules, and appearance may change."

Comment

Just opened it to "play" and confirmed: "BETA games are works-in-progress. They don’t affect your LPI, and things like scoring, rules, and appearance may change."
                    One of the cool things about the beta games is we get to increase our skills before the scores affect the LPI. Also we get to evaluate the new games and give feed back. But some beta games seem to be stuck permanently in beta!

As for myself, I play for the brain exercise. But do try to stay within the top 5 scores for each game.
                    I am a moderator in this community

Comment

In the beginning I bet everyone plays to get maximum score. Over time that will fade, especially once a plateau is reached. I can't see someone having the motivation to beat their high scores after a year or two of plateauing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x