Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subscribe to Lumosity?

I have not signed up for Lumosity, yet? Please let me know the cost and if you think it is worthwhile. Your input is appreciated.

It has been very worthwhile for me. I don't try to figure out how to beat the games. For me it is like going to the gym and exercising. It has improved me. Of course I am very old. At the gym I put 180 lbs over my head...here not so good yet. I also only pay attention to how I do in my age group...75 and older. That's it, hopes that helps you a little.

Comment

i suggest you to do maths, physics, table tennis, chess, new languages, new skills(physical), and etc if you really have the motivation to be significantly smarter.

but if you don't have this kind of motivation, then you pay money in Lumosity and you will get a bit attached to it, because of money and fun/graphical games, and actually it will really improve you, if you invest reasonable time and thinking in it.

Comment

I like it. ...got lifetime membership.

Comment

For the cost, I find it valuable. Whether it would be as valuable for a 20 something, I'm not sure. However, when you have a less active, mentally, life style, I find the exercises certainly help.

Comment

I'm using it to improve my brain function after a brain injury a few years ago, A's find it to be enjoyable and worthwhile! You can sample it for free, so I'd suggest you start there and see if you'd be motivated to use the paid version regularly. If you share a family & friends membership, the cost is extremely reasonable. Also you might get a discount offer by email while you're a free member!

Comment

My neuropsychologist told me this was a very well done program and it would help me after my stroke. Its been 11 months and so far scores are improving...slowly.

Comment

Thanks to all for the input!

Comment

I played the trial for a while. I think it is worth it. Signed my family up. Used a coupon so that it did not cost a lot.

Comment

It is so very worth it. I have been playing since 2010 at least. IQ is around 144, but schizophrenia and bipolar had greatly hampered my cognitive ability in 2002. If anyone would have met me then not knowing anything about my previous school achievements, they would have thought I was mentally ******ed. When I came across Lumosity, it greatly helped me regain my brain power, plus doing even better now than when I was young. Lumosity has definitely been a life-saver for me. Thank you, Lumosity!

Comment

For now I do the $15 a month and am excited about the discounted family plan. When I do have the $299.95 available, I will definitely get the Lifetime Plan for myself.
                      Hide or report this

Comment

I like it. I am currently on the two-year for $89.95 plan. I have been doing this for almost a year, and think I have gotten my money's worth. I am a goal-oriented person, though, so I tend to do it in fits and starts. My last big goal was to be in the 99th percentile for all categories in all age groups and have an 1800 overall LPI. Once I did that, I was in a bit of a rut. Maintaining those levels wasn't all that interesting to me, so I needed to figure out a new goal. Now I am working on becoming proficient at Penguin Pursuit and trying some of the memory games that seemed daunting, such as Rotation Matrix.

What I particularly like is that just when you are getting bored with the games, they come up with new ones. I remember Pirate Passage being a lifesaver at one point, and some of the new games are interesting as well.

Comment

Lumosity has helped me improve in life skills that people have mentioned above also. Do not think of it as a replacement to other healthy activities, but as an augment. And it has definitely helped me with my vision for driving.

Comment

Lumosity has helped me socially by improving my memory of people's names. I love that you can order the areas you want to focus on most. Right now I have speed on the top of my list to help me with typing faster working in transcritpiton. So Lumosity brain training has definite applications to all sorts of activities, just like people exercise to help them with all sorts of activities also. Not snake oil in the least.

Comment

Originally posted by raisedbyrats View Post
                              For now I do the $15 a month and am excited about the discounted family plan. When I do have the $299.95 available, I will definitely get the Lifetime Plan for myself.
                              Hide or report this
                              I don't understand where the $15 a month comes from - I pay $69 a year - is it perhaps because I just have a laptop, no iPhone, no apps etc. yet I have available to me all of the Lumosity games. Or perhaps it is because I am old.

Comment

• raisedbyrats
                                raisedbyrats commented
                                Editing a comment
                                You signed up with the yearly plan. I signed up for the monthly plan only because I didn't have that chunk of money right then and I so desperately needed to get the full training again instead of just the free stuff that I had to go on for a while. There are different plans of pricing.

I am very motivated to be very productive and am always looking to improve my efficiency. Lumosity, along with improved nutrition and exercise, is very well helping me to be a more powerful and productive person in serving others.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Wink ;) Smile :) Big Grin :D Frown :( Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x