Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifetime subscription?

Has anyone purchased the Lumosity lifetime subscription? My yearly subscription is due to expire next year, can't decide if I want to get a lifetime subscription. Paying year by year will end up costing a lot more in the long run, but I can cancel if I get bored, whereas with lifetime I pay a large sum upfront and there is no way to cancel after the 30-day money back guarantee. Thoughts?

I got my subscription as a birthday present. When it runs out I'll probably just stick to the daily free games. I think $11.99/month is too expensive for what is essentially 53 games (including about 10 classic (obselete?) games. Some of the games are similar in nature to 2 or 3 others, just the names or graphics have changed. I think after 12 years in business, there should be way more than 53 games. I think they ran out of ideas years ago.

Comment

• HappyKlown
      HappyKlown commented
      Editing a comment
      I totally agree.

• HappyKlown
      HappyKlown commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually, now that I've thought about it some more, I think that there is no need for Lumosity to keep pushing out new games at a rapid pace, . Why? Because if an existing game is good at what it is designed for, why make another? People will get bored and then want something new, but there is no need. I think a game is not like a gadget - there are no new features that keep getting added. If their neuroscientists come up with a game to train a particular part of the brain then the game is doing it's job now and will continue to do it's job 10 years from now.

• pinkcat
      pinkcat commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, when you put it like that, it makes sense.

Fair comment.

I​​​​ am still willing to pay an annual or lifetime subscription to use Lumosity to keep my mind active. I think I will go for the lifetime subscription.

Comment

Sometimes you get lucky and Lumosity offers you a year's subscription at 50% off. I got a 2 year subscription for something like $90.

Comment

how many games do you play a day? when I signed up for the yearly thing, I played hundreds a day for a month or two, and tapered off big time. eventually you get to your tipping point at each game and cant advance any further without getting frustrated, because you will lose lpi even with a good score. now I play the free daily one. it has a lot more range of games then it used to, I only have to play three games, and if I want to improve my score I can play those same three games for that entire day, until it changes the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
          how many games do you play a day? when I signed up for the yearly thing, I played hundreds a day for a month or two, and tapered off big time. eventually you get to your tipping point at each game and cant advance any further without getting frustrated, because you will lose lpi even with a good score. now I play the free daily one. it has a lot more range of games then it used to, I only have to play three games, and if I want to improve my score I can play those same three games for that entire day, until it changes the next day.
          I usually play 30 - 60 minutes a day. Some games take a long time, like Follow that Frog, Familiar Faces or Penguin Pursuit. I tend to avoid the longer ones.

Hundreds a day...that must take up a fair chunk of the day. I didn't realise that you could play the same 3 games per day for the entire day. I thought it was just 3 games a day, and that was it.
          Last edited by raisedbyrats; 11-11-2017, 02:32 PM.

Comment

no if you are playing the free version, the three games that they give you for the day, once you complete them, you can go back and play them as many times as you want, until the next days games come up. but when I was playing hundreds a day, I was signed up as a member for a year. you have full access to all games, and can play them as much as you want.

Comment

That's not too bad then. Enough to keep people coming back without paying for a subscription.

Comment

yes their free version has massively improved. you used to play the same three games on a certain day to a T, and they never switched. now on the free version I've played a good chunk of the games, and it does repeat games, but I also played new ones I had never played before. my lpi is established enough I will probably never go back to the pay version.

Comment

Sounds good. I will give the free version a try when my subscription runs out. I was also thinking of getting a lifetime subscription, but it seems there's no need for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                    Like raised by rats, I play 30-60 minutes a day. Sometimes I play more on the phone when I am on the bus. Thanks for the info about the free games. I might just sign up for the free games using a spare email to see what it's like iike now.

Comment

your welcome, good luck to both of you. even though you can't play every game, if you have a very high score in certain games you might not want to play them. but if you've already played all the games and just want to stay steady, then the free program is def the way to go.

Comment

I definitely would not pay for a lifetime membership. Life happens and Lumosity is not my highest priority.
                        I prefer to pay a year at a time so that if for some reason I want to stop for a year (or two, or three) I can do so.

Comment

I've got a yearly subscription, but I am thinking of getting a lifetime one because it will be cheaper in the long term.

Comment

• pinkcat
                            pinkcat commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yeah me too. $50/year starts to add up after a few years.

Bump
                          I am a moderator in this community

Comment

Wow, such an appropriate topic for me right now.

I will be getting a lifetime membership when my subscription expires in a few months. I am also thinking of getting a Lumosity tattoo as well. Lumosity has been and will be a big part of my life.

Comment

• PaulBenne
                              PaulBenne commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Are you serious about the tattoo?

• Evan
                              Evan commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Absolutely!

• AnnaBanana
                              AnnaBanana commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Lumosity is a big part of my life too. Am I getting a tattoo? Hell no!

• PaulBenne
                              PaulBenne commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Good luck with the tattoo.

I am getting a lifetime membership too. A small tattoo the size of a coin, in a discrete place would be ok. Get a MyLumoLife tattoo too.

Comment

I am currently playing the 3 daily games, but thinking of getting a monthly subscription to have full access. Then perhaps --> yearly subscription --> lifetime membership.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x