Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scores not improving

Has anyone started experiencing diminishing returns? I've been doing Lumosity for about 2 years now; my scores on a lot of the games aren't improving.......

Oh, yes....I think I have reached my limit on some of the games. On level 14 Pet Dectective.

Comment

If Lumosity threw money at me, I am positive my scores would improve.

Comment

I thought it was only me. I used to get scores to brag about quite a bit but I have gone right downhill. Discouraging.

Comment

Your brain is getting a workout even if your score is not improving. And...where else can you get so much fun and angst for a buck a week?

Comment

After two and half months I'm already starting to level out on some of the app games. However, I'm confident I'll see some improvement with practice and time.
            I really need to improve in the memory category. I just downloaded Dual N - Back. I plan to stick to the recommended 20 -25 minutes a day, 4 - 5 days a week with hopes of seeing a notable improvement in the memory games, as well as other games that would benefit from having a better short term memory.

Comment

• AnnaBanana
              AnnaBanana commented
              Editing a comment
              There is a topic about n-back in this sub-forum. Dual n-back is difficult. There are some Lumosity games that incorporate n-back, and are more fun (relatively) to play ie. Memory Match.

• Gore
              Gore commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you AnnaBanana

Unfortunately, I am not having any fun playing any of the memory games. That is why I thought I would commit my time to n-back for a while. If it can really help improve my short term memory, I think I would enjoy the Lumosity games. For instance, Pinball Recall is sort of fun, but I am so bad at it that I can't enjoy it enough to play the 15 trials needed to finish a game.

I have a question... Are n-back and dual n-back one in the same, or is there a program simply named n-back? I could not find anything to download except dual n-back. If there is an easier version I would definitely prefer to start with that.

• Evan
              Evan commented
              Editing a comment
              dual n-back is just the next level of n-back. I believe that Memory Match is n-back and Memory Match Overdrive is dual n-back. I suppose there is also triple n-back and higher, but they are outside capabilities humans.

• Gore
              Gore commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Evan... I guess playing those game for 20 minutes or so, 4 or 5 days a week will be just as good as n-back then.
              N-back does seem a little primitive.

I'm coming up on my renewal and wondering the same. I enjoy the games so much though, that even if it doesn't help me, I think it's still worth it.

Comment

Don't worry too much about your score. Eventually everyone will peak, and from there the only way is down. I believe that Lumosity is not about improving LPI, but from just giving your brain the exercise that it needs. Play every day for the rest of your life, and your brain will be healthy for the rest of your life.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                I'm coming up on my renewal and wondering the same. I enjoy the games so much though, that even if it doesn't help me, I think it's still worth it.
                decided to renew. I would really miss my daily brain work outs. Need to work on getting some REAL exercise though!

Comment

The Brain Entertainment exercise people say things like exercising at the same time every day improves results. People here have said switching hands, helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                    I thought it was only me. I used to get scores to brag about quite a bit but I have gone right downhill. Discouraging.
                    I'm right there with you to the point that I am not doing the designated "test' every day( I think I have already said that somewhere on one of these pages) and am roaming through the whole page of games offered, trying to re-learn some of the games that I haven't touched in months. I got the idea from someone who doesn't do the testing and works off the whole page. We get the same scoring but a lot of the tension is gone. I do the games that I enjoy and then, because I know I should, work on some that I'm not very good at. I lost 8 points in Star Search and am taking time to get the score back that I had. I think 'tenacious' is the word I'm looking for.

Comment

I'm finding now, after months of training that it's increasingly difficult to get a top score are even a top 5 score. At first it bothered me and my overall LPI suffered a bit. Rather than getting frustrated, I just worked on doing the best I could and move on to the next game (I do just the five daily recommendations).

After a week or so, I was back up to my high LPI. Frustration is your worst enemy. Concentration and dedication, your best friend.

Comment

I've played Lumosity on and off for around three years and my scores haven't improved majorly since the first three months.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi1001 View Post
                          I've played Lumosity on and off for around three years and my scores haven't improved majorly since the first three months.
                          Exactly my situation. Best I can do now is to maintain peak LPI and hope it doesn't drop!

Comment

• kiwi1001
                            kiwi1001 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            yes eventually I just remembered close to where my top five scores were in most of the games, and would reset if I wasn't on pace, or within a couple thousand of pace. some of the games even if you get a top five score it will drop you lpi, so I have to avoid those games all together.
                        Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        Big Grin :D Frown :( Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Wink ;) Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x