Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Lumosity players over 90 years old?

Hi everyone. I became a life member in 2012. I play consistently for about three months then quit for a while. I have found that it keeps helps to keep my interest this way. My attention, memory , problem solving etc is on target thanks to the challenges Lumosity has presented.

I'm 95 and still looking for someone in my age group.

Considering your age, makes me think there is still hope for us in our eighties. When you stop for three months and go back I was wondering how do you do serving all those people in the restaurant?

Comment

• AnnaBanana
      AnnaBanana commented
      Editing a comment
      The person says that they play for 3 months, not stop for 3 months. I find that I must do Familiar Faces at least 3x a week because I am at the highest level, which means I must remember 73 names.

• raisedbyrats
      raisedbyrats commented
      Editing a comment
      I am also at the top level but isn't it tough when they look so much alike, some of them. Carry and Maribel, Thompson and I think Brian. Arthur and Theodore. I have figured out minute differences and it's not so bad.

I know some guests here are in their 80's. I am pretty sure that no registered member is in their 90's. Good on you for exercising your brain at 95.

Comment

I am speechless! Kudos! I am 82. If there are others, they have not joined this community or they are not participating in the dialogue.

Comment

That's awesome and amazing. You're my grandma's age and she can't remember a minute after doing something. That was one of the reasons I joined Lumosity. I can't imagine anything worse than not remembering ANYTHING. She can have a good time and a minute later doesn't remember it happened. Off to see her now.

Comment

It sure woke me up. The simple things like forgetting where you put your keys down or your glasses. You don't think of it much, just getting older, then you see how fast it can go.

I refuse to sit by and let it happen. It might anyway, but not without me fighting it. Since I joined here, I remember a lot more than I was before.

Comment

• rjb
            rjb commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm going down fighting too. later today, going to the gym - that's the other side to lumosity - where I will once again try to get to my life goal in the squat. i've gotten there several times, but once I miss a week or two, it takes a couple of months to get it back. it's not an impressive goal by the way, but I am not a big guy. i'm exactly average for my age cohort, and thin-boned. built for endurance, not strength. yesterday I swam 62 minutes without stopping. the number of laps is not improving and won't unless I can improve the technical aspects of swimming. that's another mental activity. one coach told me there are 160 separate movements which must be done in a coordinated fashion to be an efficient swimmer. it's amazing how easy they are to understand and how difficult they are to do.

Hi original poster. You are in my age group, 75 and up - however, I think you are VERY unusual and I suspect there are VERY few your age who know how to use a computer, let alone are doing Lumosity. I will be 84 in December. I haven't come across anyone older than me playing Lumosity except you.! Well done!

Comment

You are an inspiration.

Comment

Bravo! Thanks to you I will introduce my grandmother to Lumosity =)

Comment

It is my worst fear, too. As far as Familiar Faces goes, I can usually remember those people even after a break, because I associate them with someone with the same name. Had trouble with Kunal for a while; I was always spelling it Kunil. Now I just remember to "call him Al."

Comment

Hi OP. I know you're serious about finding someone in your age group, but I just had to LOL when I saw your post! Not many like you. What an inspiration you are!

Comment

I am thinking it might be more fun to compare my LPI to those 40 years younger than me. So I will track how I do vs 20-24 age group.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                      I am thinking it might be more fun to compare my LPI to those 40 years younger than me. So I will track how I do vs 20-24 age group.
                      I do that. When I started I was in single digit percentiles. A bit embarrassing (even if only me and a friend or two knew it). Now I'm in the to 30%. I'll take it, but I want higher.

I play a lot of Texas Hold 'em poker with most of the players in their 20s and 30s. Most people don't understand that in the short term it's a game of chance, but long term it's a skill game and takes a lot of quick calculations and attention to detail as well as learning people's trends which change over the course of a tournament. I was pretty good before Lumosity, but I find my concentration improving after months of these exercises.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Wink ;) Smile :) Frown :( Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x