No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does my Lumosity LPI compare?

Hello from Israel. I wonder how good or bad my results in the phone app. I don't have yet full access to compare. I am 26 years old with accounting and economics degree. Thank you.

Overall: 1728
    Speed: 1642
    Memory: 1772
    Attention: 1561
    Flexibility: 1794
    Problem Solving: 1918

Your problem solving is ultimate, other values are high. I think average values start with 1550-1650. I am a bit younger than you and my overall LPI is similar to yours.

Comment

Thanks. I barely played in the attention game until now. I want to know if there is someone with the same results and age to know the distribution percentage.

Comment

I am in the top 8% of my age group (nearly same as yours, because I am 30 years old, the very low end of my age group). In my opinion you could be at the top 3-5% of your age group...

Here are my results.

Current LPI: 1585
        Speed: 1684
        Memory: 1482
        Attention: 1589
        Flexibility: 1655
        Problem Solving: 1490.

Comment

Here's mine. BTW, nice score at problem solving. I am also 26 but I actually don't know my age percentage cuz I've only got the free membership.

Best LPI: 1716
          Current LPI: 1716
          Speed: 1803
          Memory: 1761
          Attention: 1630
          Flexibility: 1747
          Problem Solving: 1719

Comment

I'm at the 70th percentile at 1432 in your age group so I'd hope you were well into the 90th percentile for that group. The only question I'd have is who they're rating you against.

In the paid section, you are only being rated against paid subscribers so you may be rated against the entire population being unpaid. That could seriously impact your LPI is you were to join since those paying money are more likely to be more active, thus stronger competition.

There was a lot of complaining when they changed the rating system to exclude the unpaid with many becoming dishartened at the drop in their index. It's kind of like batting .460 in a Sunday pickup baseball game and being uposet because you're only batting .175 when you join a semi-pro league. Seriously different competition.

Comment

• Gore
              Gore commented
              Editing a comment
              I was wondering if the unpaid and full access scores would be on a level playing field.

Sorry man, I can't help you. I am younger than you with a higher LPI. I think your scores are good compared to the average. =)

Comment

Your scores are way better than mine.

Comment

My overall percentile is 91.3 for my age group at 53 years old.

My LPI's are not near what yours are, but I am very happy with where I am after only 5 weeks as a full member.
                I played for around a month on free access, most of which was Pet detective.

My best LPI is Problem Solving at 1788, which is at a 99.4 percentile for my age.

Memory and Attention are my weakest categories, with speed, flexibility, and math somewhere in between.

Comment

I think your lpi is in the normal person range, and I also don't think they include the non paying customers in any of their statistics that they show.

Comment

Current LPI: 1805
                    Speed: 1799
                    Memory: 1763
                    Attention: 1808
                    Flexibility: 1812
                    Problem Solving: 1773
                    Math: 1886

These are all 99th percentile for 25-29 year olds, with the exception of Flexibility, which is 98.6. I am 57 years old. At one point, about three months ago, my LPI was in the high 1700s but I was in the 99th percentile for all categories. The bar has gotten higher.

Comment

Ok, I feel a need to brag, something I don't normally do. But I have finally hit the top 5% or better in all my areas. I think that it's going to be hard to improve on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                      Ok, I feel a need to brag, something I don't normally do. But I have finally hit the top 5% or better in all my areas. I think that it's going to be hard to improve on this.
                      That's exactly the point. There will be moments of frustration because everyone wants to improve...

Comment

I am 62 with an LPI of 1473. Which brings me up in my age group over and around 95 %. I think that's ok. Just need to train more math!

Comment

• pinkcat
                          pinkcat commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Just to let you know, the Math LPI is not included in the overall LPI, so playing more math games won't improve your overall LPI. Same with the Language LPI. I think this is because not everyone has had the same math and language education. People who come from non-English speaking countries would not do as well in the language games.

• kiwi1001
                          kiwi1001 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          it/s weird before they made the math category, half of those games were in your problem solving bpi/lpi and now all of a sudden they count for nothing.

CognitiveLPI: 1825
                        speed: 1850
                        memory:1793
                        attention:1838
                        flexibility:1886
                        problem solving:1578

im 27 years old!

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Baptist View Post

These are all 99th percentile for 25-29 year olds, with the exception of Flexibility, which is 98.6. I am 57 years old. At one point, about three months ago, my LPI was in the high 1700s but I was in the 99th percentile for all categories. The bar has gotten higher.
                          Your mind is very sharp at your age! I am half your age and my LPIs are in the 1600s.

Comment

I don't pay for the subscription so I don't know how I rank against others in my age group. I am 48 years old with the following stats:

LPI 1700

Speed 1674
                            Memory 1563
                            Attention 1661
                            Flexibility 1769
                            Problem Solving 1707
                            Math 1903

Perhaps someone can tell me what percentile I fall in? Just curious!

Comment

• LumosLaura
                              LumosLaura commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I don't have the exact percentiles, but looking at your overall LPI, you most likely fall in the 95 and above percentiles!

I'd also be happy to grant you a 14-day Free Trial so you can check on your percentiles! Just send an email to our support team at lumosity.com/help. (Mention you're from MyLumoLife so I can find your ticket!)

- Lumosity Community Manager

Has anyone noticed that when you compare your scores to other age groups it appears there is about a 5% drop for each 5 years of age difference ? Therefore does this mean the expected loss of brain response is 1% every year as we age?

Comment

• PaulBenne
                              PaulBenne commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I don't think that anyone can say with certainty that we lose 1% of brain function every year. LPI does not take into account how often you play, the quality of your sleep, motivation level and other fluctuating factors.

The Lumosity LPI is not an official metric used by health professionals worldwide to gauge cognitive function simply because not everyone in the world uses Lumosity.

The brain is complex and organic and I seriously doubt that cognition would drop as predictably as x% each year. That's analogous to asking if physical health drops by 1% each year.

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                            Has anyone noticed that when you compare your scores to other age groups it appears there is about a 5% drop for each 5 years of age difference ? Therefore does this mean the expected loss of brain response is 1% every year as we age?
                            Not sure about the numbers, but brainpower loss, like muscle and bone loss, is a fact of aging, and a good reason to work out our minds (and bodies)!

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Baptist View Post

Great numbers... Am 55 female and have now 1773
                              Playing twice a week... am not signed up
                              Speed 1665
                              Memory 1697
                              Attenrion 1780
                              Flexibility 1829
                              Problem solving 1891
                              Maths 1679

Comment

• DirkFrances
                                DirkFrances commented
                                Editing a comment
                                That's quite a high problem solving LPI
                            Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x