Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite and least favorite Lumosity game?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite and least favorite Lumosity game?

What's your favorite game on Lumosity? And what's the one that you tend to avoid?

fave: color match
    avoid: speed pack

Oh, I like Eagle Eye, I actually love everything about eyesight. I really like Train of Thought, Ebb and Flow, Speed Pack too. I like also Speed Match Overdrive. Sometimes I tend to avoid Penguin Pursuit because it's long and drives me crazy!

Comment

Fave is Disillusion, avoid Eagle Eye - it's a test of eyesight not mental ability. You may well be correct Happy, I work with vision impaired people and Eagle Eye is very similar to tests for glaucoma and macular degeneration so perhaps that's why I think of it as testing eyesight.

Comment

Lately I like Speed Match. I really dislike Moneycomb. Really depends on my mood. (The sound for guessing out of sequence is SOOO punitive!! Grrr!). I avoid Raindrops when I'm cranky as I'm not quick with math when I'm grumpy...

Comment

I have a strength with numbers, so Moneycomb is fun. I use some memory tricks, like ' all 2's are on white ' or ' all 3's are on brown '. I make sure to get all the 1's correct and fill in from there. For the number games, my right hand/fingers are on the number pad. my left hand/finger handles the return or enter key.

I am also enjoying Memory lane. Its sort of tricky as you get into higher levels ( am on 19). They ask you to remember the letter sound and the window placement for the 6 houses. But they show 16 or more houses in a row. So I am not clear if its the ' preceding ' 6 houses. The instructions lead one to believe its the first 6 houses. But that is not the case.
          Last edited by raisedbyrats; 08-28-2018, 08:58 AM.

Comment

My current favorite would be moneycomb, it's a surprisingly good game imo; least favorite is probably route to sprout since the game is just broken (Top That & Robot Factory are also weird games that I just dislike)

Comment

• Evan
              Evan commented
              Editing a comment
              I think Top That is not bad. I love Robots and keep hoping that Lumosity will put it into the phone app. *fingers crossed*

I don't have a favorite - I hate all of them at one time or another, but am at level 14 in Pet Detective....can't seem to get past it. I guess I could also say that when I started this journey, I liked all the games I played, but as my numbers rose and they got more difficult, I liked them less.

Comment

My favorite is Problem Solving but non of you are talking about it. My highest was 1890...I generally avoid memory games (but have vowed to persist with Memory Match, since is n-back related, which is good). I am trying to pass level 11 on Pinball Recall. A bit annoying when I have to start again and again from the lowest level.

Comment

• Foolish Mortal
                Foolish Mortal commented
                Editing a comment
                Pinball recall's a good game. At a certain point it allowed me to project whichever things I wanted in real vision or take things away from real vision given a limited capacity regarding number of details.

I have tried everything but standing on my head with Eagle Eye! I had one good score a couple of months ago - at least I thought it was - something over 50000 - since then not so good. Time to get my eyes checked.........again.

Comment

• HappyKlown
                HappyKlown commented
                Editing a comment
                I took the advice of someone and lowered screen resolution for Eagle Eye; the result - I almost doubled my previous personal best score.

I have too many favorites at the moment. Highway, Penguin, Trains and Star Search, all played on the phone. One game that I absolutely detest is Taking Root. Tried it a few times and decided that I will never touch it again.

Comment

Fave: Pirate Passage, Star Search, Playing Koi
                Avoid: Taking Root

Comment

Faves:
                  • Pirate Passage, Pet Detective: Very challenging with high production values. Very good gameplays.
                  • Masterpice: Fun and simple. Good visual and spatial challenge.
                  • Organic Order: Good production values. Visually appealing. Good logical reasoning challenge.
                  • Playing Koi: Beautifully designed - probably the most beautiful game on Lumosity (the phone version, that is). Fun to play.
                  • Star Search: Visually appealing, nice ambient music. Good attention challenge.
                  Avoid:
                  • Taking Root: What an abomination. Play it for yourself to see why.

Comment

I like speed games right now. Highway and Penguin are the best. I don't like the language games because English is not my mother tongue.

Comment

I hate the follow that frog game!....This morning I was going to talk about "Trouble Brewing" and you have done it for me!.. I enjoy playing it but am having great difficulty getting past level four...that's where an older age tends to be limiting - a slight palsy in my right hand when I have to hurry is keeping me (right now) from advancing.

Comment

The Brain Shift game is hard for me. I have done some like this before. I can tell you quickly the right answer, but when extra stuff (remembering which arrow key is yes/no) is thrown in it gets much harder for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                          The Brain Shift game is hard for me. I have done some like this before. I can tell you quickly the right answer, but when extra stuff (remembering which arrow key is yes/no) is thrown in it gets much harder for me.
                          The arrows never change, so as you play you'll think about the arrows less and less. Just keep playing on a regular basis, your score will get better and better. My favorite is probably speed match. Oh, you should try that one to get used to the arrows yes-no.

There's been a couple where I thought - omg, who can do this?? - but kept at them. And even if I'm not superb at them, I no longer feel like a blindfolded rat in a maze. I've been focusing on the ones I am bad at, my worst is memory, like memory matrix, or the tower one.

Comment

My worst are the mathematics games. I work with numbers but I am so used to the calculator that it takes a lot of effort from me to add numbers on my mind.

Comment

• HappyKlown
                              HappyKlown commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I'm doing "okay" on those. I need to memorize the 12 multiplication table to really progress. I almost always wind up losing because of something like 9 x 12. Someone recommended playing the specific ones to improve at the raindrops. So do addition twice a day, subtraction twice a day (like we discussed the 2x thing ) and supposedly you'll do much better at raindrops themselves.

So far, my favorite is Pet Detective. I'm also really liking Pirate Passage.
                            I think my strength will be in the problem solving games. Played Organic Order for the first time yesterday and really like it. I've tried Fuse Clues a few times and do pretty good at it too.
                            The one that gets me in that group is Masterpiece, ugh, don't do well at all at that one.

My least favorite is Memory Matrix, but I try not to avoid it too much as I obviously need to work on it.
                            Last edited by Gore; 09-08-2018, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            Frown :( Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x