No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 more games to master (was 17)

Technically, I started last week (and my overall dropped as low as 1945). But the time has come to push myself again with the addition of lumosity's original classic games. (Excludes word bubbles, old eagle eye, and old disillusion, though I'll probably add them too). I think I'm getting addicted to the strain, wish me luck and good training to you all.

Route to Sprout is my nightmare. For some reason I find it so much harder than Pet Detective and Pirate Passage, although they all seem to be similar.

Comment

• Foolish Mortal
      Foolish Mortal commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, the level scaling in route to sprout is very poorly designed. (Guess that's why it's in the classical section now) That's probably the easiest/hardest game I know of. I'm pretty certain that 2000 is impossible to get in that game due to the speed you have to move the cursor to solve the problem in even after knowing the answer. There are also only 5 levels with very little difficulty changes in any of them. So you're going to have a bunch of people placed at level 5 under a highly limited set of problems asked. It's basically how quickly can you click on the lines haha. Let's just agree to pretend that game doesn't exist

My assumption is that the game remained in the classical section, because the concept itself is pretty good (the practical execution is lacking though) - or maybe it was when they used bpi and under that scale the highest bpi was quite possible to achieve \o_O/
      Last edited by Foolish Mortal; 04-19-2018, 12:55 PM.

• Evan
      Evan commented
      Editing a comment
      @FM The LPI of the classic games feel a bit weird. I think they are calculated differently to the modern games.

Originally posted by pinkcat View Post
    Route to Sprout is my nightmare.
    Monster Garden on 'extreme' level is my nightmare. Too much for me to mentally keep track of.

Comment

• Foolish Mortal
      Foolish Mortal commented
      Editing a comment
      Heh, I was thinking that was probably one of the easier ones to get to 2000; but it's possible that the later levels might be different and if there's incongruous difficulty levels at the highest, that'd be another problem. -I'm actually struggling a bit more on moneycomb.

• PaulBenne
      PaulBenne commented
      Editing a comment
      @FM Moneycomb is heaps fun. Lumosity should never have made it a classic.

Memory Lane really gets my goat. What a terrible implementation of n-back.

Comment

• Foolish Mortal
      Foolish Mortal commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah the early levels are kind of weird, it doesn't repeat the sound only or image only towards the later levels though at least.

@FM I don't play classic Disillusion, Eagle Eye and Penguin Pursuit. I think the new versions are better.

Comment

• Foolish Mortal
      Foolish Mortal commented
      Editing a comment
      What's the difference between classic and current disillusion?

• PaulBenne
      PaulBenne commented
      Editing a comment
      The graphics in the current game is more appealing.

In the far future all the current games will become classics.

Comment

Why did the number of games to master change from 17 to 16?

Your Word Sort LPI needs a lot of work.

Comment

• Foolish Mortal
        Foolish Mortal commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, it's cause I got speed match overdrive to 2000 during that time period. Yeah, I have my work cut out for me, hehe, I was hoping I'd finish in a month, but finals are coming up so rip.

• AnnaBanana
        AnnaBanana commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck with your exams.

Originally posted by raisedbyrats View Post
      In the far future all the current games will become classics.
      I wonder what the games will look like 10-15 years from now...time to get a lifetime membership.

Comment

• Evan
        Evan commented
        Editing a comment
        If i had to make a guess, the games will in virtual reality. That's the future of gaming, learning and entertainment.

What is your LPI now?

Comment

• Foolish Mortal
        Foolish Mortal commented
        Editing a comment
        It's currently sitting at 1968, I've taken a short break because of the other stuff that I have to do and also because I've gotten addicted to a steam game called mount&blade warband - at the highest difficulty it's quite hard but satisfying I'm still planning on finishing before May ends.

• Evan
        Evan commented
        Editing a comment
        Foolish Mortal I highly recommend Dota2 on steam. Such a goddamn awesome game.

• Foolish Mortal
        Foolish Mortal commented
        Editing a comment
        Heh, I used to play league; I quit to move onto other things tho

• Evan
        Evan commented
        Editing a comment
        Foolish Mortal I've been hearing a lot about a game called fortnight lately. Might give it a go to see what all the fuss is about.
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x