Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you restart games if you make mistakes?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you restart games if you make mistakes?

I used to, but now I play on even if I make mistakes. My brain still gets a workout.

(only registered members can vote)
    Yes
    40.00%
    No
    30.00%
    Sometimes
    30.00%

Mistakes make me start over. I get triggered.

Comment

a lot of the games you can't play perfect games without playing them multiple times. I found that i'm at my worst when I first wake up in the morning and haven't eaten, or if i'm tired and ready for bed. most of the games I've played so many times I know what score I have to get in order to stay at the same lpi. so I will play the game until I get a score in that range, I only reset if I get off to a terrible start.

Comment

• pinkcat
        pinkcat commented
        Editing a comment
        Playing just after waking up rarely ends well.

I sometimes restart if I start badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
        Mistakes make me start over. I get triggered.
        Same. 5 - 10 minutes to finish 1 game of speed match is depressing as heck.

Comment

• kiwi1001
          kiwi1001 commented
          Editing a comment
          what is even more depressing is taking that long, almost getting a top five score and your lpi goes down.

I just play on. Making a mistake at the beginning is really no different than making a mistake at the middle or end.

Comment

• kiwi1001
          kiwi1001 commented
          Editing a comment
          actually you make a mistake at the end and you are maxed out on some of these games, it drops you a level, and will affect your end score big time.

The people who restart often most probably care a lot about the LPI. The ones who play for fun will find that making mistakes is all part of the fun.

Comment

• kiwi1001
          kiwi1001 commented
          Editing a comment
          I used to play it for fun when I was in the 1700 something lpi. but it really isn't any fun knowing you are playing a great game and then lose lpi at the end.

Originally posted by raisedbyrats View Post
        The ones who play for fun will find that making mistakes is all part of the fun.
        So true.

Comment

I restart short games that are under 1 minute to play like speed match.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x