X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New visual theme

Hi all.

At about 8 - 9 pm EST, we will be trialing a new Dark Theme that has just been made available from the forum software provider. The trial will last for 48 hours. Members can have a vote to keep the old theme or use the new one.

Keep the old theme
    63.64%
    Use the new theme
    36.36%
    I am a moderator in this community

For your reference, here is what the current (old) theme looks like.

Comment

First impressions are good. I like how the first post is a different color to make it stand out. I'll test it out for a day before casting my vote, just to make sure usability isn't degraded in some way.

Comment

Took dark and depressing for me.

Comment

It does look nice, kinda military, but somewhat dark. Like pc, I am going to familiarize with it before voting.

Comment

Pros:

- The design is coherent; elements are better aligned and the colors match. The interface looks structured and clean. The old theme seemed less coherent in design, and consisted of seemingly random colors and fonts.
            - For the old theme, typing a post meant squinting because the text in the textbox was particularly small. Not with this new theme.
            - The elements ie. profile picture, poll results, emoticons and buttons contrast well with the dark background. They appear colorful and vibrant, and really stand out.
            - The theme is visually striking, particularly when viewed on the phone.

Cons:

- Lumosity games have bright colors. This theme is dark and would be more suitable for a sci-fi or horror film community. As Dirk has said, the colors are dark and depressing.
            - The overall darkness results in a general reduction in the visibility of the texts.

I will sit on the fence for a while before casting my vote.

Comment

This theme looks magnificent. No hesitation from me. Would have loved to see more emojis.

Comment

Design feels a lot better, and I like the dark exterior. But do the text boxes need to be black as well D: :O Cuz it's kind of hurting my eyes.
                Last edited by Foolish Mortal; 06-10-2018, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Kinda bored with the old theme. Time for a refresh.

Comment

I find that I had to crank up the brightness on my laptop to compensate for the reduced legibility of the text. I don't think new visitors would appreciate having to make any type of adjustment just to view this community. Old theme for moi.

Comment

• bumpstock
                      bumpstock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Totally agree with this one.

Thanks everybody for participating in this poll. Old theme wins.

Comment

• pinkcat
                      pinkcat commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Awsome!

• DirkFrances
                      DirkFrances commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I am happy with this, but it would be great if members could switch to an individually preferred theme in their own settings.

Democracy at work, so a good outcome.

Comment

• raisedbyrats
                      raisedbyrats commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Can't argue with that!
                  Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Embarrassment :o Frown :( Wink ;) Mad :mad: Smile :) Confused :confused: Big Grin :D Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x